Good dining in San Diego?

Went to AR Valentien for lunch, fish special was very good wished I ordered it. They had Liquid Farm by the glass at a reasonable price. Pizzette and duck with lentils were very good.
Sushi Ota was very good, wine glasses were not the worst. Byo’d Vilmart.
Herb and Wood was good but didn’t meet expectations.

I’ll be in San Diego this weekend. The Addison, Et Voila and Fish 101 all look interesting to me.

Does Koko Beach do corkage? Presumably stemware isn’t great?

We recently had a phenomenal dining experience at the Marine Room in La Jolla. Below is a link to my CellarTracker write-up for the evening.

CellarTracker: Celebrating at the Marine Room

Colin [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the notes, Colin,

We ate at the Marine room as well last summer, of which we were in walking distance. The food was better than we expected to be honest, but not sure it was ultimately worth the considerable coin. Whole experience was slightly odd–slightly stiff, formal service, but the other patrons were way informal. Still, you folks popped some serious bottles and I am glad to see you enjoyed yourselves–do you live nearby?

All best,
Josh

Hi Josh:

We live in Las Vegas. The birthday girl and her husband invited us to be their guests at the Marine Room. The trip to La Jolla was well worth the effort! [thumbs-up.gif]

Colin [cheers.gif]