Good, cheap Pinot suggestions

Talbot “Sleepy Hollow” SLH is nice.

I just picked up a new book to represent , and so am taking out all their wines and they have a pinot noir from auvergne named Pierre Dupond…unbelievable for the price(retail should be 13-15$…I’ve had a lot of the selections mentioned previously in this thread and this wine smokes them.

Can’t find the Biggio Hamina on WL’s website.

Another good local - Windy Oaks “Cuvée” SCM.

Patty Green Berserker Cuvee

It won’t be leaner, but 2013 Laetitia Estate drinks way over it’s price.

Meomi seems to be popular… flirtysmile

Nope - it’s because we have the space and it’s sooooooo much easier to work on and top the barrels. Plus it looks really cool :slight_smile:

Sean Minor Carneros Pinot Noir. No cola but pretty big. We sell a lot and drink a lot when we run out Loring Pinots.

Can I work in your cellar?

2013 La Crema Sonoma Coast is about $16 at Costco and is a great daily drinker pinot.

You can get the Biggio Hamina from Sec Wines for less than $20.

Also, the 2013 PGC WV is great for about $20. I really enjoyed a glass of this at a local restaurant.

Last, the 2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars is $18 at Vinopolis and Sec as well. It’s drinking very well right now, leaner than RRV for sure but brambly red fruits layered over flowers and spice. Palate is light to medium bodied, juicy, and with salivary acidity levels. Rich Trimpi posted a TN a while back that was very favorable. (Full disclosure, this is a wine I make).

Oyster Bay (NZ). Abt $15. Really nice, definitely on the lean side.

I tried a $12 pinot that blew me away the other day. 2013 Matua pinot noir from Marlborough NZ… Can be found for $11.99 at wine.com. I purchased it here locally at a one seasons in oregon. Awesome wine…now curious what else NZ has to offer?? Not familiar with NZ whatsoever…

Angeline PN
Hendry HRW PN

The Biggio Hamina is pretty good.

I know this seems crazy.
Castello di Neive i Cortini Langhe Pinot Nero.

Our local Costco has the ABC Alexander Knox for $26.99…

Block Nine is solid for $13.

Was just there 3 nights ago when I ordered 3 more.
The good news is I still have 9 Biggio Haminas in my cellar. Do a search and see what Todd has to say about this particular vintage.

Cheerios!

I had a 2010 Biggio Hamina last night. Very tasty indeed although I prefer my PN a little younger. You have a bunch of great suggestions here. If you can stretch your budget into the $30’s give Sojourn a try.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Funny, the 2010 BHs I’ve had are good now but I’m trying to refrain from drinking as I think they’ll on;y continue to improve. To each their own.