Goldman Sachs Co-President has $1.2mm in wine stolen...

Money. That is how they keep score.

That is an appropriate threshold, in order to care? Assault, murder, cancer, etc?

Owning versus renting?

Or the size of their hands or trigger buttons in other realms.

?? newhere

You gotta get in the ‘Wayback Wasdin’ machine for that one.

Defense strategy has been determined: All stolen bottles were obviously fake and purchased from associates of Rudy K. De-Meyer was attempting recoup some of Solomon’s losses by selling them to an unsuspecting wine dealer. (Hmm, wonder if it was the same wine dealer involved with the French Laundry theft.) Hence using the alias as to conceal Solomon’s identity in the fraud.

You attorneys already thought of that, didn’t you?

My personal assistant had thieving problems too.

She would flap her ears, fly up, and steal croissants off the countertop.

Nothing do with wine. Just another ‘investment grade’ asset to make a rich man richer.

So many opinions about a guy, without actually knowing the guy.

BTW, I do not know the guy but I do feel bad for him.

I know other people who put their trust in someone, someone they considered a friend. Some in a similar capacity as this, others in a business partner capacity, others in an investment capacity. And they lost money as the person they each trusted turned out to be a thief. It’s a terrible thing, makes you really rethink your ability to really trust someone. Reagan “Trust But Verify” is really the only way to go.

[politics removed by admin]

You obviously haven’t read anything about the guy. He’s seriously interested in food and wine.

Nice summation Peter. [cheers.gif]

Shaking my head. I just don’t understand the mindset of thinking all “rich bankers” are evil, and simply because of his job title, David Solomon deserves anything bad that happens.

I don’t know him, but I do know quite a few wealthy investment bankers (including some that buy great wine). Many that I know are wonderful people, good friends, parents and neighbors, and extremely generous and philanthropic. Not a fan of painting all these people with such a negative broad brush.

+1

Same broad brush is applied to lawyers by many, though we don’t hear those so much around WB since about 30% of Berserkers are lawyers, according to a poll I did a year or two ago. :slight_smile:

Gee, something is missing from this list. I wonder what it could be . . . .

No, John already mentioned Lawyers. neener

I always wondered who actually got hold of and drank Appellation Romanee-Conti. 1988 should be pretty good right now?

Dan Kravitz

I guess i am glad to be so poor i can’t afford a personal assistant. If my wife ( my personal assistant) found out i spent $130,000 on 7 bottles of wine i would need a villa in Cyprus to hide out. What does it say about our hobby where such values for wine are merely shrugged at? Any crime is deplorable, but as my millennials might say, “This is beyond a first world problem, more like a 0.01% problem”