Going full retard - the most complicated food you've made

A single egg yolk can emulsify gallons of oil, so it’s just a matter of taste.

Since I screw up Bearnaise every time I make it, last time out I tried a new method which worked like a champ and even allowed for some minimal re-use a day or two later.

It is a variation on the classical method and incorporates the stick blender as well.
Do the usual white wine shallot tarragon reduction. Cool, then in the container that came with your immersion blender add this mixture along with the two egg yolks. You can hold at this stage as long as you wish while everything else comes together for the meal.
I put the 1/4 to 1/2 lb of butter (whatever your preference) in a 180 degree oven and hold it there (this is also the oven I use to warm plates etc.) When you are ready to serve the Bernaise have someone hold the container with the eggs and tarragon and give it a quick buzz. Take the hot butter and add in a drizzle to the eggs while buzzing the blender. Stir in a tablespoon or so of fresh tarragon. In just a few seconds you have perfect Bearnaise.

Yup. Bernaise, same thing. I use a milk frothing pitcher.

For whatever reason I can/could make hollandaise with my eyes closed. Grab a bowl put on a burner cook the eggs and lemon whisk in some butter hit it with cayenne boom done, never breaks always great. Bearnaise always broke – consistently until I did it with the immersion blender.

And I love Bearnaise as does my daughter.