Gevrey Chambertin "Les Cazetiers" 2009 Faiveley

Nice Dan. I need to make this next year.

Empire wine has these up on for $70 per, free shipping on 4.

That’s a really good deal. I think that’s about what I paid on a pre-arrival basis a year ago. I have 3 in the cellar now and I’ll let them sleep. WS just gave this a 94 and something like a “Hot Buy” designation.

Had 2 in the cellar that I got from the B-21 tasting last year. Popped one last night to retry and determine if I wanted to get some more from Empire.

Great stuff. Really took off with 2-3 hrs air so got some more from Emprise.

I’m thinking to let the rest go 5-6 years for further development. Any thoughts on if the 09’s will shut down ?

Brian- any good restaurants in Atlanta for Burgundy ? I’m in town about every other week or so. Had a very young but outstanding 07 Spottswoode at Bones this week.

I don’t think there is free shipping from Empire on this wine anymore

Hmm kind of tough one as I’m a corkage kind of guy. But Perrine’s wine shop over by Abattoir restaurant (and Miller Union, Bacchanalia, etc) is focused on french and burgs. Buy a bottle there and take it over to Abattoir. Empire state south in midtown has a good and diverse wine list. Used to have Pierre Peters champagne for 40 bucks - not sure if they still do. Local Three is also very wine friendly. Rathbuns is always a good pick. And of course the big steak places if you have the expense report out (Bones, Hals, Rathbun Steak).