Get ready for Nat'l Zinfandel Day, 11/19

Pulled out a 2011 Pagani Ranch to commemorate the day. Cheers to all.

Thinking BR 2010 MR. Cold and rainy up here.

Isn’t it like 20 degrees out with snow? firing up the grill? wow! [cheers.gif]

Based on sage advice it’ll be '12 Carlisle, CVZ.

True Minnesotans grill year round. The secret on those 20 below nights is to keep your opened beer sitting on the side shelf right next to grill top cover. That way your beer doesn’t freeze.

That is balmy Mark -

Zinfandel? That quaint and rustic little wine of the common proletariat? If I can dig a bottle out from my vast Burgundy reserves, I must sample one! [wink.gif] [cheers.gif]

gonna be a 2009 Carlisle Papera Ranch

Opened a 2008 Zichichi, a good weather worthy choice.

You mean you store Zinfandel side by side with Burgundy? No wonder all your burgs suck. :wink:

2010 Carlisle Zinfandel Old Vines damn this is good!

Have about 3 bottles left of this 1995 Acacia Old Vines Napa Zin. When the corks are good, this wine is killer. This particular bottle was somewhat oxidized, so had to open an “occupational hazard” wine.

Happy Zin Day! And really, isn’t every week Zin week?!?

BTW about 18 months ago Tom Hill sent me 6 bottles of older Ravenswood Zins. I tasted 4 of them and they were (just like this Acacia) a bit oxidized so I didn’t post notes. I still have two more to try! Just wanted to give a shout out to Tom Hill for sending me those…out of the blue, because he realized I liked older Zins. Thanks Tom, much appreciated.
Acacia 95 Zin.jpg
Easton Estate Zin.jpg

Just opened a 2013 Sottomarino Primitivo, Mendocino County

Couldn’t wait for next week. Had a 2011 Bedrock Papera Ranch zin tonight. What a delicious and beautiful wine that is.

We had a zin yesterday, too, come to think of it. A 2012 Ridge East Bench. That was nice too, although of a different class than the Papera.

Bedrock 2012 Old Vine. Just coming into its own. Drank other ones too soon; have about 6 left though. Will try and hold onto the 2013’s longer.

Wow, 9 people of a short thread responding here drinking Bedrock and Carlisle.

Anyone else?

2009 Seghesio Marian’s Reserve is now empty with dinner. Nice enough wine with lots of fruits…

2009 Carlisle Gold Mine Ranch. Delicious. [cheers.gif]

I just received my first order of Carlisle. I’m going with the 2012 Carlisle - Carlisle Vineyard Zin tonight. The 2012 Turley Pesenti was the other option.

Both are good options. Speaking from experience with both at home.