Germany Trip in August

I can strongly recommend eating at the Zeltinger Hof in Zeltingen… Their cellar is really, really loaded and they have bottles dating all the way back to 1904. You can even see it online and decide beforehand what to get. Some of it is even possible to buy to-go!

2 Likes

thanks for the Rec guys!

so far - because of summer closings - still looking for

1. Nahe - cannot get an appointment for the life of me lol (its a sunday so its a hard day to do so) - but if you personally have a contact perhaps with a smaller estate that might want some photography work as trade for time :slight_smile: if not - we will simply go to some of the smaller towns - we are traveling from Frankfurt to Ayl that day - if you have ideas of where to stop instead of an appointment.

2. still need a dinner around Trier - all the ones i called and emailed are closed that week. would love some ideas.

3. perhaps a dinner suggestion in / around Cochem or Koblenz. on our way home we will be driving through Cochem for sure. We are going to spend the night either in Koblenz or just go to the airport and stay near there because our flight is the next morning.

thanks again all!

1.) Let me think on Nahe

2.) Check with Lars.

3.) Did you look at PURS, it is expensive but by far the best meal I have had close to the Mosel and the Hotel is stunning.

Purs looks great… but a bit $$$ ! lol

If you end up staying near FRA instead, dinner at Schlosshotel Kronberg is a treat. My last visit was in Dec 2019 right before Covid, so not sure how it’s fared since. We usually stay here when we are flying out of FRA.

Did you check Schloss Monaise for Trier?

http://www.schloss-monaise.de/schloss-monaise/

Very variable in my experience. Though we haven’t been back since a very slow evening starting with them losing our reservation (made by a well known winemaker who joined us with a load of her wines)

Here are some suggestions:

1. On the Nahe, Gut Hermannsberg is open on Sundays from noon to 6. Kruger-Rumpf has a Weinstube that is open on Sundays as well.

2. Besides Schloss Monaise, you could try Brasserie or Beckers Weinhaus in Trier. Another option is Villa Keller in Saarburg.

3. In Koblenz, Schlicht Esslokal looks great. The excellent wine list includes top local producers, such as Knebel, Heymann-Löwenstein, Materne & Schmitt, and Julien Renard.

I hope this helps.