Galloni on SantaBarbara

I see the half full aspect of his review. With kudos to Alma Rosa, Beckman, Bien ancido, Chanin, Tyler and the others he praised and IHMO, rightly so.
For him to diss Palmina and not give high accolades to Clendenen Family Vineyards for the Nebbiolo is his oversight. Those wines are wondrous and Jim prides himself on being able to age these wines for years until they are ready to show some merit.

Here are the 4 pinots that Lisa gave 95 points to:

2015 Brewer-Clifton Pinot Noir 459
2015 Paul Lato Pinot Noir Lancelot Pisoni Vineyard
2015 Paul Lato Pinot Noir Solomon Hills Vineyard Suerte
2015 Rusack Vineyards Pinot Noir Santa Catalina Island Vineyards

Denny,

Thanks for that information. Do you happen to have the retail pricing and all of this? My guess is none of them are very inexpensive, are they? :slight_smile:

Did she rate any chardonnays at 95 points or higher? How about any Bordeaux varieties? Just really curious.

Cheers.

Larry - the 4 pinots range from $75 to $95. Coincidentally the highest rated chardonnays (95 to 96 points) were also from the same 3 pinot producers and are priced in the $60 to $80 range.

Interesting the Rusack Catalina scored so well. New vines in a tough place in the middle of the ocean. Not quite in the middle of the SB AVA…

strawman [head-bang.gif] [tumbleweed.gif]

Where’s that dead horse…oh yeah, there it is: deadhorse

I was very impressed overall by what I tasted during the week I spent in Los Alamos in June meeting with winemakers. How good? I tend to be stingy with scores yet it is the first time in six years i gave 100 points to wines from two different producers. Well done everyone.

I agree with your comment about where her palate lies. I`s obvious to me I can ignore her reviews or just go for the opposite impression.