Funny Video-Tricking a Master

Jay was extremely ill. He is better now.

Ah, that explains it. Glad he’s feeling better.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

From him. He posted it on youtube.

I did a blind tasting with my cousin, his wife and his wife’s mother. He didn’t believe that price correlates with quality. They had no idea I was doing it at all. 6 bottles, 2 rioja tempranillo, 2 malbec, 2 corvina based valpolicellas.

Each pair had 1 x $10-20 bottle and 1 x $30-50 bottle. All 3 of them preferred the more expensive bottle in each pairing more except one my cousin wasnt sure on the tempranillos. They didn’t know any were more expensive than the other until the end of the weekend. All the bottles were handpicked by me (except the cheap malbec) and imo excellent wines, and the less expensive ones imo were pretty much the best for their respective prices.

I should add. Price correlates very highly with quality when neither the bottle price or the supply is prohibitive, preventing a large number of consumers from having been able to influence the price.

I figured it was over compensation… too bad. I wonder if Peter - as an OG “cast member” - was making more than Patrick and Patrick felt like he was an equal contributor? Frankly, the WK channel was better with all 3 of them, and Patrick on his own isn’t the slick video editor that Jay is, so his videos are harder to watch. Seems like a lose-lose situation, but what do I know?

I agree. The dynamics of the three was better than just Jay and Peter. I tried watching Patrick’s channel and the quality of the video made me lose interest. I also think Patrick is the better blind taster of the three.

I agree that Patrick is the best blind taster of the three, at least from the episodes that I saw. But he comes across as quite dry and academic, so doesn’t really have the personality to carry a show on his own. I actually do like the content he put out and it’s a bummer that he seems to have stopped.

Jay plays a good straight man to Peter’s vulgar grouch. Its a great combo. I hope they will be able to continue making good wine-related content together.

I kind of expected Peter to call “Haut Brion” when he picked up the bottle given the bottle shape (and fact that Jay had already confirmed it as Bordeaux). It would have been pretty obvious how he got there, but still….