Fun (but very basic) 'Run A Winery' Game

Same thing happened to me.

That’s what we get for not investing enough in the winery upgrades.

Luckily, the business climate is such that it’s not like something bad happened.

OSHA shmOSHA. no big deal [wink.gif]

I believe they call that pulling a John Fox.

I apologize for the drift, but someone did mention hookers and cocaine. Are there wineries who have allegedly done this, or was it just a joke?

I think that’s part of why I love it so much. At any arbitrary moment your winery can be smitten from existence by a strain of bacteria, or falling barrels killing the winemaker.

Nice contrast to fancy wine tastings and the adoration of the critics. lol.

TASTING NOTE: Full-Bodied, Fleshy Red. Loads of bodies. Meaty notes. Aftertaste of denim.

The only metric is in monetary terms. What if the game had an option to also rate your performance in terms of RP points achieved? Now that would be interesting…

[welldone.gif]

That would be fun.

I killed him twice. He’s more that dead already.

And I’m bankrupt all three times.

Bankrupt the first four times. Think I killed a guy with a forklift in one of the runs. Ended with $149m on round five. That is Wagner level money.
I have no first (or second) hand knowledge of bribes paid to critics. But like most of us here I have consumed a wine with glowing critic reviews and thought
“Who paid him to write that? It tastes like grape jelly percolated through burnt oak chips.”

[welldone.gif]

I like the chat about the game as much as I like the game! More!

[cheers.gif]

Fun thread!!

I learned that scandal in year 13 (damn hookers) can ruin you and tourists can get you through the tough times! Build a castle they will come [wow.gif]

I had no idea so many people died during the winemaking process!

Retired with a Net Worth of $233,520,765
score 4670

Agreed. I thought about the high-volume wines we tend to criticize here and tried to emulate it. Plonk sells!

Looks like his sort of business model, considering all the income the first year.

Back in the '70s.

This is too easy, anyone got 5 million I can borrow?

First time, I tried to play smart – got to about 65mm at the end. Second try, I went all out for touristy and high quality. I was making more off tourists(40mm/year) than the wine at the end.

You Win!
You ended with $275,093,651
You Started with $5,000,000
That gives you a final score of:

Ok, I sold myself like a cheap [insert your favorite saying].

Evidently AFWE leads one to poor house, nobody wants those flavorless wines. So I decided to make average hooch, but market myself like Vegas and oak the crap out of the wine. I built a small-like fortune, got bored, cashed out to Kendall Jackson, and am now hanging out in Cabo in a yellow speedo.

Net Worth:
$75,741,094
End of Year:
Bottle Price:
$ 32.56

There are so many great quotes in this thread:

“AFWE leads one to poor house, nobody wants those flavorless wines” - Robert Alfert Jr.

“I keep expecting to lose a wagon wheel or die of dysentery.” - amjohnstone

“Only two good vintages in 20 years” - Anton D

“I didn’t see the option to bribe critics with hookers and cocaine.” - M McCombs

“I was doing well until I apparently killed a winery employee doing punchdowns…” - Todd French

“Same thing happened to me.” - Anton D.'s response to Todd

“I killed him twice…And I’m bankrupt all three times.” - Robert Alfert Jr.

“Bankrupt the first four times. Think I killed a guy with a forklift” - M McCombs

“I had no idea so many people died during the winemaking process” - Peter Tryba

and, definitively…

Plonk sells!” - David Glasser