FS: vertical of Dubreuil-Fontaine 1er Cru (direct from Envoyer)

Just reviewing my pending deliveries list from Envoyer and realizing I have way too much (how does that happen!?). Anyway - this is your chance to grab some stuff you may have missed the first time around. These are all wines I was very excited to buy, of course, but need to lighten my load of incoming goodies due to lack of cellar space. All bottles at cost, plus shipping. These wines are all still at Envoyer (i.e. very well taken care of) - I can have them ship to you directly from there whenever it’s cool enough for you. Obviously best if you want to take a full (mixed) case shipping wise. They typically charge $45 to ship to Atlanta, but may be different depending on your location. Scroll down for some descriptions from Envoyer.

2010 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses 2x$40
2009 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses 2x$40
2008 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses 3x$35
2007 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses 3x$35
1993 Robert Ampeau & Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - SOLD

2010 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses
This vineyard is often described as of Grand Cru quality and if there ever was a vintage where this is true here it is. Not only performing at this level but in our latest tasting at the domaine even topping a couple of Christine’s Grand Crus (which were themselves great), not to mention those at other addresses. A really special year for this wine – so seriously built and focused, with laser beam precision, subtle brawniness and Grand Cru weight, all wrapped in a perfectly balanced, elegant frame with zero heaviness and complexity to burn. A complete wine with a broad spectrum of high and low toned notes and stunning minerality. We really can’t say enough about this cuvée – a Grand Cru level wine at a price much less than most notable producers’ village wines these days. In a continuing trend over the last few vintages (there is dangerously little supply in ’10 and ’11 – two tiny crops that has everybody a bit on edge this year) channels to domaines are closing and pricing is going way up (back to where they used to be with the domaine’s old importers) – and we will be the only source in the US working at these price points. Thus this is one to grab and in quantity as it should be on everyone’s short-list and is our defintion of Sweet Spot Red Burgundy. A monumental success at a simply outstanding tariff.
And we also have a mini-vertical of this wine in route: 2007 – $34.99
Burghound 91 points! Sweet spot outstanding! “A truly beautiful nose of primarily red berry fruit and wet stone notes that is elegant, ripe, restrained and pure, complements to perfection the detailed, minerally, complex, balanced and impressively persistent finish. This is often of grand cru quality and in 2007, it certainly knocks on the door of that level.”

damn brad! Should have bought the perrieres from you! save me $15 bucks a btl ugh.

Time to stock up on more! (if no one wants the Dubreuil-Fontaine, you can take just the Ampeau)

Bump. The Ampeau is sold, the four year vertical of a good value 1er remains!

Bumpity bump.