Frenchette NYC - anyone BYO?

Be thankful. They could use Mason jars neener [wow.gif]

i think given the type of restaurant, the prices, the wine list (and its pricing) and all else, results in a very reasonable expectation for proper wines glasses. the glasses they offer were a choice to do so - i don’t know why they made that choice - but it was a choice nonetheless. no one is demanding zalto, but to expect a proper glass is normal.

small bowl = less exposure to oxygen = less mouse???

Again, I thought the wine glasses were fine. What’s the complaint, that the stem is too short?

Applicable strategy, when dining in Chinatown.

Z-

How was Frenchette?

Like I said before, I thought the food and people watching was a ton of fun. But we were there while I was adhering to dry January, so no issues with the wine list. My wife did order one of their cocktails (the Rayuela) while we were waiting for our table. She said it was undrinkable. Way too much ginger. When we sat down our server asked if we wanted drinks and my wife ordered a negroni. Our server noticed that the previous cocktail was basically untouched and said, “let me take care of that for you”. She took it away and when I looked at the bill, it was removed from the bill as well. It was handled in a classy way.

Didn’t go! Rescheduled for Feb 24 - I’ll post then!

The one time I went my dining companion commented “why is everyone drinking cocktails and not wine?” :flushed::crazy_face: