For you, what makes a wine ‘fine’ ?

Here is a definition by Dalton Brewster via Benzinga in the context of “why invest in wine”:

Why Invest in Wine?
Limited Supply: Wine is a finite asset. While lower-quality wine is relatively common, fine wines are rare. These wines can be classified as investment-grade since they have sufficient demand in the secondary market to support ongoing price growth.

Vintners bottle fine wine in limited amounts under strict conditions and have to attain many standards. For example, most fine wines come from well-established vineyards like those in Bordeaux and Tuscany. These wines should have the right mix of acidity, alcohol, flavor and tannins to increase in quality as they age.

Every investment-grade wine must be rated classic or 95/100 by a professional wine critic. Once these wines enter their drinking windows, demand grows and supply falls, resulting in stable long-term growth.

I think the company, circumstances and the setting can all make an average wine fine and make a great wine even better.

I don’t use the term either, but I like David Bueker’s response.

Thinking about it, in a word: complexity.

[headbang.gif] [headbang.gif] [headbang.gif] [headbang.gif] [headbang.gif] [headbang.gif]

1 Like