Flannery sale...again....

I would not feel guilty at all. It’s not like you are trying to pull one over on him or shame him here. He takes customer satisfaction VERY seriously.

Wrong attitude for you to take a chance. He is selling a prime product and prime pricing and needs to know if it is tough and/or bland

Jay, do you think it might have turned out better on the grill?

I’ve been in Jay’s situation before, including with Flannery, and I totally understand the reticence to reach out. I ordered a couple of the 60-day dry aged ribeyes and I swear there was a mix-up in the packaging and it was the regular. But two nights ago, I had one that’s been in my freezer for close to a year and it was delicious. Personally, I think a meh steak or a bad bottle is just luck of the draw. YMMV.

No idea as I don’t have a grill. I did my usual low heat oven and high heat to finish. As others have said, it was probably just (bad) luck of the draw. Certainly it’s the first/only disappointing Flannery meat I’ve purchased.

While it would be rare for Flannery to make such a mistake as that, anything is possible. And having had a fair amount of their 60 day and a ton of the regular Cali Reseve, there is no mistaking the difference. The 60 day has a very unique flavor. As mentioned, please contact Brian or Katie and let them know if there are any issues. They are wonderful folks and have the best customer service of any company I know

Anyway, had a CA ribeye last night from the same order which was fantastic.

I’ve had a similar experience I believe - first Jorge steak I tried was one of the best pieces of beef I’ve ever eaten but the second while not bad at all was more ordinary, like I’d be quite fine with from my local Whole Foods. I’m simply not comfortable with complaining about something that’s merely good, especially when perception could have played a role.

FWIW the most consistently outstanding cut I’ve tried from them is the larger CA reserve strip.