First Annual Berserkerfest Paso Robles March 27-31 A real success.

Are there enough motel rooms there for a group of 45?

I’m up there 1-2 times a year so interested. Prefer a non-summer date as its cooler and less tourists (ok, make that non WB tourists) to deal with. :slight_smile:

Oh Oh! [cheers.gif]

Andy tat means most teachers cannot come though. As you know it really really cools down at night.

Very interested

interested!

we have a plethora of teachers on this board that work every weekend at school? :smiley:

I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

Count me in too. There is a French chef in Paso who is probably the biggest underachiever in the country. Trained under Michel Guerard and Michel Rostang. I know the guy well and he could organize a killer dinner for us at his restaurant.

love the idea …

Are you talking Panolivo?

Andrew… I’d be in as well, along with a few friends.

I was actually planning to be up there in October for the Linne Calodo harvest thingy and thought I’d run into some Berserkers then but found out a friend is getting married the same weekend so I have to bail on that now… Oh well.

Nope, Bistro Laurent . . .

HRH and I have a 2nd gig on Sundays so it would have to be summer although we plan to be in France in June

Larry is correct. Worked with one of Laurent’s best friends in Paris many years ago who introduced us when he was sent over by Michel Rostang to run a LA restaurant started by 4 French chefs called Fennel. That didn’t work out and he eventually wound up in Paso.

This is the real deal; starting his education at roughly the age of 14 and subsequently working in a two star and three-star restaurant.

I actually flew in to Paso Robles (well, San Luis Obispo, then drove) from SF for an overnight stay just to attend an off-line dinner. Had a lot of fun and would be willing to do so again if I were in the US at the time.

I would be up for a PR and/or SB road trip with enough notice to purchase a cheap air ticket from Boston.

I’d be interested. Never been there.

Any suggestions on when?

We would be interested. We finally got to the Hospice du Rhone festival, my wife declared it her favorite event ever, and then they announced it was their last year there. Had an incredible CnDP tasting w/ Harry Karris at Bistro Laurent (sp?). Anyone else a fan of Daou? With enough notice we could probably get them to have some sort of open house celebration at their tasting room… one of the most fantastic I have ever visited (mountain top views). Cheers!