Feedback on Itinerary for Trip to Santa Ynez Valley and Paso Robles

Check out Nicora and Law. Law is the more elegant of the two. Wonderful facility.

Thank you SO much for all of your great suggestions! Unfortunately, I can’t fit everything into this trip, so I’ll have to save some places for the next time I drive up.

My one remaining question is: if you had to choose between Turtle Rock and Herman Story, which would you choose?

FYI: For our Paso days, it looks like we’ll be doing:

Sunday:

• Close Solene (private wine + cheese)
  • Tablas Creek (collector’s vertical tasting)
  • Booker
  • L’Aventure
  • Herman Story or Turtle Rock (from about 4:15 - 5:00, when they close)
  • Justing downtown tasting room if we’re still standing (because they are open until 6)

Monday (before we head home):

• Torrin
  • Epoch

Stay away from Sarloos, just a rip off. I always recommend Casa Dumetz in Los Almos as Sonja makes really nice wines.

If Tablas Creek is tour bus-y, what would Dauo be? The winery equivalent of a Creflo Dollar revival…just show me the money!!! They seem to be quite proud of their overly extracted goop for sure. Otherwise, just looking through this thread for ideas since I’ll be in Paso next month.

I agree with the comments on Booker. I would not make a decision on Booker wines based on what they pour in the tasting room. The tasting room wines are at the bottom of the portfolio.