Fear & Loathing in Buellton: UPDATE 2 -- Dinner with Joe Davis /Arcadian

Awesome report. Joe and his wines are a treasure.

Anyone in the LA area. Joe is gonna be pouring his wines at Everson Royce in Pasadena on Friday. Start time 5pm. I’ll be there!

Matthew

What a terrific post on Joe Davis and Arcadian. We have had the pleasure of tasting with him twice and it is always such a pleasure. Arcadian Pinot Noir has long been a favorite of ours and man they can age. Good stuff!

Cheers,
Doug

This. [cheers.gif]

Side note…GREAT call on rocking out to Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes! I saw them live when they did that tour and it was awesome. Closest I’ll ever get to hearing Zeppelin live.

Oh…and another amazing read around the Arcadian visit. Thanks for taking the time to write it up!

Great notes, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a half bottle of Arcadian; I wish he’d offer those on B-day…hint-hint.

Great read and post!! We also had the privilege of tasting with Joe when my wife and I visited the area last fall. Joe’s generosity is amazing! We had been tasting with him for 45 minutes or so and he started to talk about some of the challenges that his son Max was having with his health (everything is great now it sounds like!!) and he had a bottle of the 04 Hommage that he opened for us. As we get to talking more about Max he ever so generously reaches down and decides why dont we open an 03 Hommage while we are at it!

Other thing that amazed me as we were talking is that before getting into wine making - Joe actually attended Medical School at the University of Minnesota for a short time! I think he made the right decision and we are all better for it!!

We also loved Industrial Eats when we were there!

Wow, what a great accounting of your trip. You write really well and clearly have a passion for it, as well as the wine and the people. I hope your next trip is not too far off. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the kinds words from those who enjoyed the travelogue.

Greg and I are already planning our next trip. Our next dispatch may be from the Willamette Valley … or Rioja!