Favorite way to cook steak poll

If you do it right it has uniform temperature. Any temp you want. I like 135.

THIS!!

Microwave or Instant Pot = Delish!

George.

<>

I like to give our steaks an hour to 90 minutes in our Traeger on the smoke setting, then a finishing sear in a piping hot cast iron. Family and friends have universally loved that prep.

Gorgeous Tex.

Flawed poll, depends on the cut.
Rib cap, skewered cooked on the ceramic grill
Rib eye (saratoga) sous vide then on the screaming hot ceramic grill
Rib eye whole oven at 170 degrees to 120 internal, rest then season and medium hot ceramic grill
NY strip - seared on the grill then finished in oven
Filet - screaming hot grill then let rest, while making sauce
Porterhouse hot grill, flip several times, then stand bone end down, close lid on grill at ~375 until 125-130 then rest for 10 minutes

Set oven for 450 and throw in the cast iron pan.

When the oven gets to temp pull the cast iron out and put it on a burner on high until its as hot as it will get.

Put steak on and don’t touch until I flip, as soon as I flip put it in the oven.

Reverse sear, basically foolproof for a medium rare steak and creates 1/2 the smoke or less of searing first on cast iron to finishing in the oven. That said, I do the forward sear method any/every time I’m able to use a grill.

I’m also finished with the whole concept of heating the cast iron to hot as it gets; imo, all that’s really requisite is to let the skillet heat up enough that it starts smoking. Just add in a small amount of oil, toss in the steak and you’ll get a fantastic crust simply by flipping enough times for it to develop evenly.