Favorite summer quenchers

“Stiegl Radler (grapefruit)”

That is the most refreshing thing I have ever put in my mouth and it’s just 2.5% ABV so you can pound them without worry.

This absolutely rocks:

The Strawberry Basil Gimlet

Ingredients
2 Large Strawberries
3 Basil Leaves
Juice from 1/2 Lime
Squirt of Agave Nectar (or simple syrup)
1 3/4 Ounces Gin

Instructions

Toss the strawberries, basil, lime juice and agave nectar into a cocktail shaker.
Muddle everything with a muddler or a wooden spoon. You really want to break up the strawberries (to get all the juice out of them) and bruise up the basil to release the oils.
Add ice to the shaker and pour the gin in.
Cover and shake until your fingers are numb.
Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a strawberry and basil leaf.
Serve.

erdinger hefeweizen alkoholfrei

I really do not like most alc-free beers, but this is deelish and great on a hot day.

Best summer beer for me.

One more…

Very dilute Pastis or Absinthe with some simple syrup and water over ice.

Give Lagunitas “Day Time” a try. It’s a Session IPA. Hoppy, yet light and clean. 4.65%ABV
Oh look, you’re in Chicago. How convenient. Lagunitas just opened a second brewery there!

As for non-IPAs…I like Allagash White. Maybe try some Saison (Farmhouse Ales) like
Saison Dupont or Firestone Walkers “Opal” (if it is available out your way.)

We’ve been od’ing on this this summer - can’t get enough of it -

Bell’s Oberon is also a very nice summer drinker that I don’t think is mentioned above. I like it with a slice of orange. Not sure if that makes me a heathen.

I had a Boulevard radler (lemon & ginger, iirc) last week. Super refreshing. But my favorite summer drink is still an Aviation - gin, lemon juice, maraschino liquor, and creme de violette.

Farmhouse ales / Saison are usually good summer quenchers along with various special summer brews. Or my ol’ standby that you can find everywhere: Sierra Nevada Pale.

Ryan, was that from the Blvd 12 pack with the two “tasting room” beers? I only ask because I had that too and it was awesome. They should totally make that a summer standard and sell it, I’d be a buyer.

My favorite summer drink is a Tom Collins. Not sure the way most people make them but I muddle some sugar with half a lemon cut into quarters, then gin and sparkling water. Muddling the entire lemon instead of shaking the juice adds some nice bitterness IMO. Super easy and I prefer it to a G&T.

Second (or third) the votes for Stiegl Radlers and Goses of all stripes (AVBC is the most readily available in Va). Those have been a great surprise for me this summer after OD’ing on IPAs last year.

Just had Bell’s Midwestern Pale Ale (now available in CA!) and I thought it was quite good.

Might be the closest domestic to the Timothy Taylor Landlord that I’ve had.

K and L did a Bells tasting last week with ~ 10 beers. Great all around tasting although too many stouts for me :slight_smile:

Scott

Up in Portland I had a bunch of ciders. I’m really impressed by the quality and perfect for warm days. There was a bartlett pear cider dry hopped with Galaxy hops that was incredible!!

Wow, now thats sounds delicious !

Cheers,

Bud

2 shots avion silver, juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon shaken in Ice poured over Ice and finished with Club Soda garnish with lemon peal.

I’ve coverted 50+ non tequila drinkers into lovers of the above mentioned.

Ps- not just any silver tequila, something very special about the Avion that makes the drink so approachable.