Favorite Sauvignon Blanc?

My list of favorites lately:
Arkenstone
Quivet
Larkmead Lillie B4 Block
Alpha Omega 1155
Bevan Cellars (there are two new ones added to the lineup this year)
Anxious to try Chester’s Anvil’s new SB

+1. I know it’s de rigeuere to say that it doesn’t have enough typicity and is too expensive, but it’s just damn good wine.

Vatan is the only one I like, except for Sauternes.

I think i will have to try the merry edwards sauv blanc as it’s on at least half of the responses on here?

Chavignol has one of, if not the best, terroirs for Sauvignon Blanc. Terres Blanche all the way!

Lail Blueprint is a nice one. Also like Alpha Omega (more plush style). A lot from NZ are good QPR. All-time favorite, though, has to be 2007 Scholium LSB or 2009 Glos.

It’s a very cheerful wine, definitely riper and a bit plumper/rounder than most others, and it’s a definite crowd-pleaser. I’d compare it stylistically to Duckhorn or Cliff Lede, if you’ve had those, as other good examples of that style.

I would definitely get to one that’s a year or less from release, as I think it starts to lose its charm fairly quickly after that.

For something a little different from your stereotypical NZ SB, Andco The Supernatural is worth seeking out. Should be just under $20, sealed with a crown cap and damn tasty

Another vote for Rochioli. Need to explore more Loire SBs.

Of all the domestic sauv blancs mentioned, .what are srps?

Curious to hear.

Thanks!

Arkenstone
Aspara
Herb Lamb
Spottswoode
Whatever Mike Smith is making

Jonata, but it’s been a few years.

Herb Lamb
Mayacamas
Clos Roche Blanche
Francois or Pascal Cotat Sancerre (with an honorable mention to Thomas Labaille)

Mondavi I Block
Merry Edwards
Altamura
Kalin
Screaming Eagle [wink.gif]

BRANDER -

I think Santa Ynez produces as fine of Sauvignon Blanc as there is in the country, and Brander’s many versions are always my favorites - the Au Nauterel and Cuvee Nicolas are classics - even their regular Sauvignon Blanc is compelling -

Just checked WineSearcher, almost exclusively on the east coast. Odd

Cases of it at Costco in DFW and NM.

I haven’t tried the newest release, but the skin contact SB that Jim makes is delicious.

My favorite domestic sauv blanc’s are Alpha Omega and Ojai.

Merry Edwards is great! Little pricey for a SB, but well worth it if craving an incredible Sauv