Favorite right bank Bordeaux

La Conseillante

GO TO JAIL: Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

And yet ironically, on other threads, you have opined on wines I have not tasted, saying that I would not like them. Funny, ain’t it?

We can all make logical correlations here. I have tasted the 2014s, you know that. Figeac, Les Carmes Haut Brion, Conseillante. Full bottles for evaluation, Les Carmes 2x, not just little sippy-sips at tastings with 100+ wines. Followed over an evening and into the second day. They are nice, quite nice, but you know as well as I know that this is a start of a stylistic shift for these wineries. Your own notes portray this. The consultants are making an impact here. And in 2015 and 2016, they made a big impact, with a riper vintage, and you are calling these vintages the best wines ever for these estates. It’s just not worth it for me to pay 1.5x to 2x more for these wines in these new vintages when I can backfulll on vintages that I know that I like. It’s pretty logical that I may find these wines overscaled. You have even said that to me before. But I do not doubt that for more modern palates or California Cab fans, these wines may be great.

Which ever one has the most cab franc…and u will find my answer :slight_smile:

You and I think alike, Gilligan.

I have always liked Pavie Macquin. Other than that, never have really consistently gone after any RB wines. Mostly floated in and out, tried this and that, and gravitated back to the other side of the river. Having said that, some recent Canon and Clinet, yet to be tasted.

Looks like a good list to me, though I haven’t had the Magdelaine, or enough Ausone to judge.

Copycats.

Marc idolizes me

I quite like Gazin, Bon Pasteur, and La Grave a Pomerol

in order generally, but vintage trumps producer occasionally.
Petrus
VCC
Cheval
Trotanoy
L’evangile

In no particular order

Petrus
Ausone
Angelus
Cheval Blanc
Tertre Roteboeuf
Conseillante
l’Evangile
Pavie
Valandraud
Trotanoy
Lafleur
l’Eglise Clinet

Petrus
Ausone
Cheval Blanc
Trotanoy
VCC
Magdelaine
Canon
Figeac
l’Evangile
Canon Gaff
La Fleur Petrus
Conseillante

So which ones do you think have the most Cab Franc? Cab Franc is always high on my list as well.

Lafleur
Trotanoy
VCC

Not had enough Petrus to compare.

Cheval Blanc
Ausone
VCC can go high, look at 2011 vintage, which is excellent
Figeac

There are some with more CF, but these are the best of class.

Many of my favs here. Too bad they are so expensive though Ausone and VCC aren’t too bad pricewise.

Errrr Lafleur!

Yea, I forgot, poor little ‘ol Lafleur.

That and Le Pin are the only notable Bordeaux that I have not had before.

Very few Petrus or Ausone drunk to make a judgement.

Cheval Blanc

VCC
Trotanoy
l’Evangile
Conseillante
La Fleur Petrus