Father’s Day Wine Selections

Happy Father’s Day to everyone that has posted and I hope you each enjoy the day! As for my wine selection, it will probably be the Day 2 remainder of the 2019 Kelly Fox Pinot Blanc Barbie Freedom Hill that I opened last night. My son and I are getting ready to head out so that I can watch him to play in the second day of a two-day baseball tournament which means we won’t be back until late this evening. All of the food plans that everyone has posted here sound amazing, but I’ll enjoy my ballpark hot dog and watching the action on the field!

We’ll be doing yakitori and it over 100 degrees out!

2002 Pascal Doquet BdB Mesnil in the pool

and with dinner

2017 Jean Noel Gagnard Chassagne Boudriotte

Happy Father’s day to all.

Still TBD, but likely a champagne followed by a lighter red for dinner given the extreme PA heat as mentioned above

A couple of goodies to go with roast chicken:

2012 Rhys “Alpine” Chardonnay
2011 Pisoni “Estate” Pinot Noir

2012 Becklyn Cab
Flannery Hangers & Filets

2008 Delamotte Champagne Blanc de Blancs Millésimé

2018 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Old Hill Ranch

BBQ Short-ribs

Coconut Cream Pie

My parents aren’t real big on wine but I got a 1999 Smith Woodhouse Madalena to go with some pecan pie - one combo i know my dad will love.

Thinking about getting a 2012 Pahlmeyer “Piece de Resistance” dumped into a decanter rather soon.

Thanks, Dave!

Making assorted styles of sliders tonight.

Going Magnum of 2004 Veraison Cabernet Sauvignon.

Larger format to be explored over a few days.

We are at our place in Ocean City Md and I forgot to bring the wine!!! I do have Aperol and Prosecco! Guess we will see what my favorite restaurant has tonight. Weekend has been great. Not hot at all.

How did you end up preparing the short ribs? I responded to the epicurean ex thread, but probably too late. I just turned the grill on to give mine some color.

Great choice on the Merry Edwards!

Red card, Brian… [cheers.gif]

Nothing older available, so a 2016 Carlisle James Berry Syrah. Looking forward to the big stuff.

2000 Margaine Special Club
1989 Rossignol Volnay Pitures
1989 Haut Brion
1977 Fonseca

2011 L Mawby Talismon with dim sum this morning.

I’d like to open a 1978 Mouton Rothschild with BOKA take out tonight, but my wife doesn’t like old wines, so maybe I’ll use this opportunity to drain a 2006 Saxum Bone Rock tonight

2012 Quivet Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard

Yum!

Dirty and Rowdy 2014 Fred and Dora’s Petite Sirah
Bedrock 2015 Evangelho Vineyard Heritage

Several 2014 Maybach Amoenus Cabs and several 2018 Aubert Russian Chards. with the kids outside !
Life is GOOD !