Farr hosts massive 2019 Bordeaux tasting

Carmes HB is the one wine that is lower in 2019 (13.5%) than 2016 (13.8%). A darn tasty wine, I might add, if you’re a fan of the high cab franc content and stem inclusion.

3 Likes

I used to be able to get average score of all those present at Southwold but they have stopped sharing those.

Does anyone have those?

1 Like

La Mish and HB … yo!! :grimacing:

I had this too a few months ago in a vertical and while it was the best wine out of 20 vintages, I had some detectable alcohol heat on the nose.

2 Likes

This 2019 hype was driving me crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just ordered a bottle each of VCC, Montrose and LLC from Millesima to try out.

1 Like

I am happy to host a tasting of 2019s in the Spring. I have a dozen assorted wines, and am equally curious to try them.

4 Likes

You may also like to see this article. I don’t think it’s in this thread

1 Like

Would love that.

BTW as we wait for the spring event if a couple of people in NYC want to do something small and open a few bottles of 2019, let me know and I will coordinate something.

1 Like

Did you also do the 2013 ten years on tasting, Matthew, it looks like there is no rush to get the notes out for that one. :wink:

Ummm…”in 10 to 15 years time” is the unrealistic salesmanship there. The great 80s/90s vintages weren’t performing in ten years

1 Like

These alcohols look low for 2019. For example, multiple critics have reported that the 2019 Montrose is at 14.4% alcohol, considerably higher than you report here

1 Like

In brief, it was a shocker! Sauternes aside, the weakest vintage I’ve ever reviewed…

1 Like

They were absolutely glorious, based on a comprehensive tasting in 1994.