Everyone, good afternoon. Let’s launch Falltacular and raise some $$ for Laura’s House! It’s more than overdue.
WHEN/WHERE: Saturday, October 22nd from Noon - 8pm. We’ll have it my home as usual.
With the event 2 months away, we need to sell tickets. Given the unknown amount of attendance I may see for the event, I have decided to use the parameters I created for Falltacular 2021 that we COVID cancelled. We will sell tickets in 2 waves. Please read the following carefully to understand in which wave you fit.
WAVE 1, to be sold starting NOW.
The guests in this wave will have a guaranteed 10 days to purchase (through August 26th). After August 26th, any unsold tickets will be reallocated to WAVE 2.
For WAVE 1, the following guests will be invited to buy tickets:
· Decade of Support (DOS) Guests. 60 tickets. These are guests who have paid and attended for at least 10 years total. If 2022 will be your DOS milestone year, I will consider you DOS for purposes of this year’s ticketing. If you are unsure if you are part of this group, please reach out to me. Note—if you have customarily attended as a DOS couple, you will be counted this way, which means a DOS couple cannot de-couple and then each invite a person.
· Top Silent Auction Buyers. 10 tickets. I want to thank the top 5 silent auction buyers from 2020’s event by enabling them to also bring a guest. I will personally reach out to the 5 of you again so that I can remind you.
· Out of State Guests. 10 tickets. I want to honor those who invest the extra cost to get here (buy airfare, rental car and additional hotel room nights). If you live outside of California, you are part of this group.
· Winemaker Guests. 20 tickets (presumes 10 winemakers plus one guest each). Winemakers do NOT pay.
After August 26th, WAVE 1’s ticketing period is over. I’ll then send out communication that WAVE 2 will begin.
The following guests are WAVE 2:
· Repeat/New Guests. At least 40 tickets*. This cohort is the group of people who are not defined in WAVE 1, or who are new to the event. More simply, you will fall into this group if you are not a winemaker, out of state or 10 year attending guest.
*NOTE—there may be more than 40 tickets in this category, dependent on unused tickets from WAVE 1.
PRICE/HOW TO PAY: To lock your tickets, we will revert to each person mailing a check, made out to LAURA’S HOUSE, not to exceed 2 tickets for your check. The price will be $125 per ticket, which is an increase from 2020’s event. This increase ALL goes to Laura’s House, to increase our support of their work.
Mail your check to:
c/o Laura’s House
33 Journey, Suite #150
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Once the checks start coming in, I will post a small file so you know you are paid/confirmed.
As for the SILENT AUCTION, I will need items as usual. If you want to donate, then post, direct message or email me (email@example.com) and I will capture your donation. You will then bring the items the day of the event, or coordinate with me prior for those who can’t attend but want to donate to the auction. We will use the bid sheets this year again.
STEMWARE is under review. We usually give a glass away for each person to use. If we cannot make that happen this year, we’ll revert to asking you to bring a stem or we’ll use some of the leftover stems from year’s past.
FOOD. Same drill as always. Bring one item to share/grill.
FRIDAY BYOB DINNER. I want to do it. Working on a menu, will post that in the next few days. Gonna be around the $80 per person figure…more to come once I have the menu. To be held @ Giana in Dana Point.
Let me stop there and allow the post to run and if you have questions, holler. For now, if you are WAVE 1, please write your check and mail it–you have 10 days to get it to Laura’s House.
Thank you all, let’s have a great year, recognizing things have been hard but we’ll soldier on and show the charitable leadership that has defined all of us for the past 14 years.