Falltacular 2013--Feb 16, 2013 @ Noon: WE DID IT AGAIN--THANK YOU!

The Caplans and the Bradys can help with setup and we can both pour around 3. Will be looking for auction items as the new deliveries are being put in the locker.

Put me down for any time. Looking forward to this event. Thank you for all the work you put into it.

I will get the Best Western lodging set-up early this week and get the info out.
Hope they have replaced the shuttle, which was DOA last year. [beg.gif]

Happy Veterans Day to all. [thankyou.gif]

JoAnn and I are planning to attend this year!!! We will be in Seattle that week - so not flying down would get me drummed out of the Berserker Community.

It will be great to see you again!

Frank - it will be me plus one other person. Thanks

Erf, I was thinking about you this week so to hear you are coming down for the event, this is fantastic. If you are able, make sure you account for the Friday night dinner the day before. You will enjoy that. If you happen to make it down on Thursday, let me know—maybe we can do get together in Laguna or something.

Matt, please do come out if you can. It’s really a fun event and one that does so much good but I recognize that to do so is a helluva lot of travel. Whatever you decide, I appreciate you thinking about the event.

All of you that have signed onto volunteer, thank you. I will update the file this week and re-post to Dropbox. [cheers.gif]

Frank,

Put Tanya & I down for 2:00 at the big downstairs table please.

Thanks,

Brian

Put me down where Dietz is pouring.

FMIII,

Put Chris/Brig together, any time.

BTW - don’t tell her yet… LOL

I’ll spin by early to help set up.

Intervention is in order. [snort.gif]

Sal and I are available for any of the time slots upstairs or down. I can take two slots if needed. Best Falltacular ever will be achieved!

Good evening. I have made the updates to the Volunteer schedule, which you can view here by clicking this link and opening the Excel event file: Dropbox - File Deleted

For those of you that told me you could take any spot during the day, you will see that I listed you as “Flexible”, meaning that I will slot you in later down the road as we get closer. You will be a nice insurance policy to help fill slots so thank you! I do still need more volunteers to click the link above, pick a slot and post back you want to donate an hour to pour.

And for those of you interested in the Friday night dinner, I am picking a new dinner location that I believe you will all enjoy. It will similar in cost to last year but we will take it up a notch for food selection, setting and feel. Once I have the final details locked down, I will start a separate thread to simply show you the new dinner location, the details and allow you to post your RSVP.

Some additional news…this week, we added both Campesino Cellars and Pahlmeyer to the list of wineries, both representing new wineries and additional diversity within this year’s event. We welcome Macario and Jamie and hope to see them in person this February, too.

FMIII - Put me down for 3pm slot upstrairs

Heya! Wherever and wherever works best for you, please add me as a Volunteer.

Frank; Missed last year…but can attend this year. I will definitely volunteer to pour at any time slot you need.
Cheers!
Marshall

Marshall and Fish, thank you very much. Appreciate it.

Ok, so the Event file us yet again updated and you can find it here>> Dropbox - File Deleted

Now, to the checks for the event. It is time to mail checks. Here are the gaurdrails.

1. Each person attending pays $75 each. Your check can be made out for no more than $150, meaning you and a plus one. I set this maximum at 2 people per check to ensure that all who want to come, they can have the shot at attending. I generally try and keep the event to around 80 paid, with the flex to bust the soft cap on attendance in order to raise additional money.

2. I must know everyone that attends. This means that if we get a check mailed and I don’t know you, I will need to reach and speak to you before I can let you in as this is a private event. We encourage attendance and meeting new people but this is not a public event. Please make sure your check has a phone number on it in the event you are new for this year.

3. Mail your checks directly to Laura’s House, to this address:

Falltacular 2013
C/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive, Suite #225
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
949-361-3775

Thank you all. As we get checks, I will update the Dropbox file and update those who have checks received so you can know we got it. Thanks and happy thanksgiving week.

Here is the lodging details for the Best Western, San Juan Capistrano.
Best Available rate (means no discount codes)- $115/night
AAA/Gov/Military- $103.50/night
7 Day advance (no CXL allowed)- $92/night
Internet Booking/2 night package- $98/night

Falltacular Pricing- $79/night (same as the past 2 years)
Rooms set aside for both Friday and Saturday nights.
They are ready for reservations, just mention Falltacular for the special rate.
They have a new shuttle and is avaialable for use on Saturday.
27174 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, California 92675-2702
Phone: 949/493-5661

[cheers.gif] Silent Auction Donations (3 each)
2006 Rhys Alesia Syrah Fairview Ranch
2007 Rhys Alesia Pinot Green Valley
2010 Clos Pepe Pinot VS