Falltacular 2011, It's a Wrap

An amazing day. Thanks to all who made it, easily, the event of year, EVERY year.

WOTD & Night was the Loring Divergence…really surprised its not getting more mention…Totally unexpected cabernet pleasure from Brian and Kimberly.

flirtysmile

Another amazing Falltacular. Lots of laughs with new and old friends at the same time as being able to help with Laura’s House. Thanks FMIII and Dr. Jill for opening your lovely home to the group.

Perry and I had an amazing time at our first Falltacular. Thanks so much to Frank and Dr. Jill for organizing and hosting the event, and supporting such a worthy cause. We enjoyed meeting many other Berserkers in person and putting faces with names. The pre-Falltacular dinner at Fratello’s was great, and the “after parties” were a blast. Thanks to Mike and Dana Stoneking for leading and hosting the party in their room after we got, ahem, asked to leave the hotel meeting room. [welldone.gif]

As far as the wines go, there were so many choices. Standouts for me included:

• All three 2009 Black Kite Pinots
  • All the 2007 Big Basin Syrahs and 2008 Pinots
  • 2008 Jemrose Cardiac Hill Syrah
  • 2009 Jemrose “Egret Pond” Viognier
  • 2008 Carlisle “Two Acres” RRV (field blend)
  • 2008 Bevan Syrah De Crescenzo Vineyard Richard’s Cuvee
  • 2008 Bevan Ontogeny (BDX blend)

We look forward to seeing you folks again at future offlines, events and next year’s Falltacular!

FTR (and just for laughs [wink.gif] ), from last year, my top 9 (in order) were:

07 Black Kite Angel Hawk Pinot Noir
07 Big Basin Fairview Road Ranch Syrah
08 Zepaltas Nunes Vineyard Pinot Noir
07 Bevan Cellars Dry Stack Vineyard Syrah
07 Rivers-Marie Occidental Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir
07 Shane Unknown Syrah
07 Storm Stolpman Vineyard Syrah
07 Copain Monument Tree Vineyard Pinot Noir
08 August West Rosellas Pinot Noir

It’s interesting that some of these (or their successive vintages) showed up on people’s notable lists this year.

p.s., the Sojourns last year were really fine, but I’d had the opportunity to taste separately with Craig during the week before FT and so was able to concentrate my efforts on other wines being poured there…