Failed Master of Wine Dissertations (from Hosemaster of Wine)

Ditto on both counts.

Same here.

Someone I met for the first time at Falltacular remarked that he had always thought of me as a jovial older guy with a big beard, because of my Captain Haddock avatar.

My brothers and I grew up loving Tintin. It was hard to find the books, we were always on the search to find ones we didn’t have, and we read and reread those endlessly. The stories and the art just take you on a journey around the world, back before there was cable TV and internet and all.

Funny to think of a kids’ book with one of the two main characters being a full-blown alcoholic. But you just love the guy.

This is a terrific little perspective on Tintin, if anyone is interested, entitled “All I Know About Travel I Learned From Tintin.” And one with some food and wine tie-in.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/all-i-know-about-travel-i-learned-from-tintin

The Harvest Yogurt; Effects of the Bearded Vigneron’s Microbacterial Cultures on the Fermentation Process.

Delightful.

champagne.gif

A few for Wine Berserkers:

Craft Beer, Tea, Cocktails, Mineral Water, and Other Drinks to Recommend Whenever Someone Asks You to Suggest a Wine Pairing

Reading Critics’ Reviews, Drinking Big New World Reds, Drinking Outside of Mealtime, and Other Things Not to Admit to Your Wine Geek Friends

Costco, Whole Foods, Vons, and Other Places to Buy Expensive Wines Where Your Spouse Won’t Notice on the Credit Card Statement

Birth Year Wines - How Thrilled Your Child Will Be to Drink Old Wine with the Parents on the 21st Birthday

[rofl.gif]

Awesome - completely apropos, as well.

+1, hilarious!

Brett, The Sixth Taste

Four Tier Distribution

100 Uses For Wines Given To You By Non-Wine-Geek Friends

Make Your Own DRC, in collaboration with R. Kurniawan

Burgundy Bargains

Guilty [wow.gif]. Also guilty of expecting you to have a full beard when we first met [wow.gif]

And the companion paper:

10 Ways to Get Your Non-Geek Hosts to Open the Nice Bottles You Brought Instead of Serving You Plonk

I had a strong suspicion you’d be Vietnamese, though.

champagne.gif Thankfully the Twitter police haven’t got him yet.

the incorrect overuse of apostrophes is staggering these days. I wonder if half the adults these days have any idea what they are for.

[rofl.gif]

My favorite quote. I might make it my tagline.

They are for putting next to the home run count for Roger Maris?

Anton,

Wasn’t that an asterisk??

Joke
Head

I may be an insensitive heathen but “South African Pinotage: Is it Better or Worse than Apartheid”

You joke but…