***EXTENDED thru 1/30*** - Cool Climate Before It Was Cool: Finger Lakes Excellence from Red Newt Cellars

And we’re so thankful for the support - enjoy the wines and share your thoughts!

A fascinating side-by-side with those two; Tango is reliably more open-stitched and (true to its clonal stock) Alsatian, compared to the structure and salinity of the Knoll. Enjoy! Meagz and I love making them!

As a native, I think the harshness of winter is also beautiful up here… but I can admit that Summer is the wiser time to visit :wink: Thankfully, the wines are great all-year-round!

Thanks for the support! And good to know on the shipping, Katie will check that that isn’t the case for anyone else’s order. champagne.gif

Classic 6pk order in thank you!

1 Like

Finally, the Finger Lakes. Order in. Too bad the case will likely travel the 25 miles to my house via Memphis.

We’re happy to be here! Hopefully this will shoot straight up through Syracuse, but we’ve had some squirrel-y deliver patterns before…

A great way to try through everything that makes the region unique (much as we love our Riesling and Cab Franc!).

I’ve been following the wines of Red Newt for most of a decade. They are super and super values to boot! Ordering!

super excited to try the GC’s - couldn’t say no to the case. Hoping to get a Finger Lakes visit in later this year; will knock on your door to thank you in person!

Actually I see it’s UPS, not FedEx. Better shot at turning around in SYR.

Thank you, Eric!!

A region that has amongst the best potential in the US (although I don’t think the sweet red wines and bacholerette parties help). In for a case, looking forward to trying.

Thank you, Clayton - we agree and appreciate it! And we agree on all counts, I could write a book on my musings about the struggle of the region to get beyond the demand-side-pressure of easy $ for inexpensive wines.

Kelby, I’ve been drinking your wines for several years now and have enjoyed them all! Your decision to sell the Riesling and Rose via Garagiste was brilliant, and that’s been an annual buy for us. I picked up some Cab Franc because I love cooler climate CF and got my wine tasting journey started in Niagara when I was still living in Toronto. Love icewine too, but I’ll admit these are beyond my price point even with the BD discount.

1 Like

While not included in the BD offering, Kelby’s rose under the Kelby James Russell label is terrific and an annual buy for me…Assuming nothing has changed since my last visit to Red Newt, admittedly quite a few years ago, the restaurant at Red Newt is gorgeous and the food top notch, defintely worth making the time for a wine and and dine visit at Red Newt.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words, Adam! The Garagiste connection has been great for introducing more people to our wines, you are 100% correct in that, and introducing people to the FLX in general. Cool Climate CF is one of our passions (and the fact that Niagara and the Finger Lakes can make Cool Climate CF that is distinctly not the Loire), and we’ve been blown away by how supportive the Wine Berserker crew has been of that offer in particular.

Understood on the Ice Wine! Given the crazy risks involved in making it, the price is what it is, but even I can’t afford to drink it with my employee discount [snort.gif]

1 Like

I got to revisit the Finger Lakes region last summer when we went to Buffalo area for a memorial service weekend. One of the activities was an outing to the wine region, and I was asked for recommendations. I gave about a dozen to the local organizer, but told him two that were “must visits”, and to secure appointments there first and fill in with any others on my list. Red Newt was one of the two, and indeed exceeded expectations. I’d had some of the wines but had never visited. These are some of the best New World rieslings you will find. I’m drinking a 2015 Tango Oaks Vineyard Riesling right now out of a Grassl Mineralité (a great glass for these wines!). Their Cab Francs are quite good too, and - like the rieslings - age well.

Thanks for joining BD, Kelby. I’m in for the Grand Cru case. Great deal!

Thanks Jon! And it is the rare Rosé that ages beautifully as well (if anyone is brave enough to try the 2018 vintage currently on offer via our online store). The Bistro still goes well, but with COVID we’re more in a lunch mode these days.

I am sucker for free shipping, so I picked up a case of the Finger Lake Classics. And I am looking to trying wines from a region that I am not very familiar with.