Expert Wine Opinions Needed (survey - looking for members, guests, and trade)

6 bottle version???

I’ve been seriously considering buying a VingardeValise, so this would be a very attractive alternative if it came out a lot a lower price.

From the first few slides, it seems like this product might be aimed at two sets of people: (1) people who are travelling with wine and would prefer this to a stryo shipper and (2) ITB types who would use this to replace a wine bag. The later questions seem much more focused on the former group, but if it’s also meant for the latter, I have some suggestions from about 10 years of lugging a wine bag around.

Thanks,

Zachary

I have two of these and use one or both of them during most of my trips out of state (as long as the weather cooperates). They’re great, but I would consider adding this to my luggage for the Magnum swap out and to help out with the temperature swings.

I would most likely use this for purchases made during a visit to a wine region, in which case, I would be bringing it empty on the outbound flight (not ideal). For local dinners and events, I use a 6 bottle insulated wine bag which I can throw over my shoulder. If the world was organized to my liking, these would be available “as a service” - for a fee ($50-75) one could pick one up at a winery, wine shop or shipping service, use it to bring wine home and then either drop it off or send it back via UPS.

It’s a cool idea. (Get it?)

I already have a Pelican case and I wrap wines in clothes or bubble wrap. It’s been around the world and is indestructible.

But if I didn’t have one, I would look at mind this. It’s nice looking and the thermal protection is a really nice feature when you see your luggage out on the tarmac.

Any idea how it compares to the Pelican cases in terms of durability, as that’s likely your competition and those are sold on their durability.

The color choices were a bit like the Model A - any color you want as long as its some shade of gray. Forest green would be an awesome option, as would any number of colors - a lovely pink or a bright acqua would stand out coming from the luggage chute.

1 Like

Need to add Canada or an Other option to the State list question at the end.

The 70lbs bag method:
winebag.jpg

I strongly suggest Qu 41 be moved to the front or modified to allow for non US responses. I have just wasted ten minutes. Not amused. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

And please sticky this to the top meantime.

I’m from Wyoming now.

Submitted the survey, hope it helps with the new product!

Condolences. :grin:

Not in USA as well, did choose west coast

Done.

I’d like 4 wheels for upright rolling

The engineers worked quite a bit on this, actually, as the initial preference was for that, but understanding that larger, rear-only wheels are a much smoother (and therefore safer) ride, and do not fall off as spinners are so very prone to do, the preference in concept was changed to two larger rear wheels. Plus, those spinners don’t roll on anything other than a perfectly smooth surface.

Gotcha. I do like that it it is not overtly wine-branded.

could I be so bold as to suggest…

omg that would be awesome

If it has an electric motor it could have a cooling unit as well!

And solar power!

The cooling unit will need an exhaust. You could install and tune an exhaust pipe to give it that Harley rumble, which would impress while you motor through LAX.

Defeats the purpose of it scooting around like an electric car, though…