Excellent Napa/Sonoma Cabs under 14% ABV

Hi Adam- I’ve never tried Enfield but have noticed the reco’s. Looks like it’s from Sonoma ? Any green notes ? I do like lower Alc wines but some versions I find too lean and am not a fan of any bell pepper notes. Appreciate any insight.

thanks

We do both a Sonoma Coast Cab, and a Napa Valley Cab. The Sonoma Coast Cab is not as green as you would expect since it has really long hang time - but the Napa Cabernet is the more purple fruited of the two for sure. Current Release Hennessey Ridge Napa Cab is 13.4%.

Cheers -

1 Like

I think there is one mention of it, but Ceritas releases a cab that is maybe even in the low 13’s. I think it’s from Peter Martin Ray in Santa Cruz, but they refer to is as Cabernet the old way. It is also pretty pricey at around $90.

Not California, but I really like 16 Terra Blanca Cab from Red Mountain, WA. Big but not heavy and 13.5% ABV. $25 to boot.

Another vote for Enfield, and adding Ashes and Diamonds to the list. Most of their cabs are in the 13s and some dip into the 12s.

I’ve heard great things about Maitre de Chai’s Cabernet. Just today, actually. I’ve not had it, but have had their Zinfandel, which is like my favorite ever, I think, so if the Cab is as good as that, it’s a winner.