You know a great red Burgundy as soon as you smell it, endowed with a classic nose that is well perfumed and elegantly seductive. It penetrates the senses with its haunting and arresting perfume of earth, fruit and spices.
Both the 2016 Servoisine & L’Empreinte offer up what the Burgundy lover craves:
- A hauntingly perfumed nose of terroir and red fruits, subtle but potent in its beauty
- Transparency to site and grape typicity
- Gorgeous now, but with the potential to age gracefully
- A gorgeously transparent robe of ruby red, you can see through the core
- Energy, tension, depth, transparency, persistence, and freshness
I tasted both of these 2016 wines in the shop and that is exactly what I got from both of them. While the 16s were not rated, if you are curious about scores the WA gave the 17s 90-94 points. And, well 2016 is a BETTER vintage.
Domaine Joblot - Satellite Burgundy at its Finest from Givry
- ‘Servoisine’ Givry 1er Cru 2016
- ‘L’Empreinte’ Givry 1er Cru 2016
Full details here and one-click ordering: http://bit.ly/joblotburg2