Epiphany @ Chablis November 1st

I’m too old to remember, it was a '70 Bdx and I drank it in '80. Most likely not anything very famous, probably a d’Issan and all I have now is '00.

For what its worth, Mine is prob a $50 bottle and Heidi’s a $75 bottle.

That said, I don’t own either of them. Not because my tastes have changed necessarily, but just because I don’t own them. I would have to go on WS or a local shop and find more recent vintages.

We are planning to be in Sonoma that day for the Ceritas and Bedrock release parties, then a Pliny run at RRB. Sorry to miss this.

FWIW our epiphany’s are around $75 now…not the same vintage of course. And Mike if you were to pickup an extra case/6-pack of Pliny or whatever I would be happy to pay you for your troubles [cheers.gif]

Sorry to be absent…

So they way I see it is, if you can’t find the exact vintage either because it’s too pricey are no longer good…bring another vintage.

As far as relative cost I for one am also not concerned. I don’t own any more of my wine, and it will cost me a couple hundred on the secondary but Perfectly cool with that. If your true Epiphany moment was a $50 bottle of wine so be! Bring it!

Make that two extra 6-packs pretty please!

Bumping this up since its two weeks away. Details?

Just checked and Woodland Hills Wine has both of ours in stock. Unfortunately they are more current vintages as there is nothing previous to 09’ on WS for either, but excited to drink them again nonetheless as it has been a while.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Lisa and I are going to miss this one.

ENLOY

Sorry for the late notice I have a scheduling conflict I’ve been trying to get out of it last week and a half to no avail.

There is no way I am going to be able to make it.

I have reservations made under my name for 6:30. Since it was a small group, I didn’t do anything special just there regular menu with the $10 corkage. Obviously you’re all more than welcome to use it if that’s what everyone wants to do and trust me I completely understand.

Again sorry should of posted this last week but been buried at work…

Hmmm Danny’s epiphany without Danny does not sound right…reschedule?

Or we could keep the offline but change the theme and save the Epiphany theme for a date that works for Danny.

We are in!

We can still make it and would defer the Epiphany wine to another time. As an aside, I thought Chabis’ corkage was $5…

Who is still in?

Jennifer and I are still game for that evening. We can keep the reservation at Chablis or go somewhere else if anyone has a preference. Chablis’ corkage policy of $5 or $10 is better than most places I know - especially on Saturday night. Looks like we have somewhere between 6 and 12 people based on the initial count. Perhaps we can do some sort of blind tasting. We’re open to suggestions.

What time are we getting started again?

I’m always up for blind. I will throw out a suggestion - Russian River Pinots, blind? Or, since I missed your last couple of events, we could do Saxum’s of varying vintages, blind.

I’m good with blind RRV pinots. If we want to do Saxum blind - I would suggest another Saxum vs the field tasting i.e. each couple brings a Saxum and another syrah/rhone blend of comparable quality and we do them all blind.

I would do either one.

Tough call I will vote for blind RRV pinot. Something new but I am good either way.