Dutch Oven Hunter

No, but I tried to lift one once. Empty. And it was seriously heavy. With food I am not sure I could have lifted it.

It weighs 24.9 lbs!

I have 6L Emile Henry and it’s great. Forget the cost but way more than $50 US , converted (:weary:) , but I figure it’s not something you buy every year. Aside from thermal properties I was wanting good quality enamel finish that will last.

Wow 15.5 qt!? I know Crueset has the goose oven which is 14l.
We have a few French ovens, but the largest is an oval 8.5l which gets minimal use. A few years ago we hosted 10 for dinner and I made a Cassoulet in it over 3 days. We barely made a dent.

Now I’m craving cassoulet!!! I’ve got a 6.3L we picked up for a hell of a deal at the store in the Marais and have used it quite a bit. It’s right on the edge of what I like for Cassoulet, as I’d rather have more surface area than depth to maximize the maillard goodness. We’ve got a bigger lodge campfire dutch oven, but I don’t use it nearly as much, as it’s heavy and a pain to work with (similar to a beautiful copper Mauviel sauce pan i got that weighs at least 20 lbs).