Durand Redux?

I have used it on many Bordeaux and a few Burgs and Ports from the mid '70s to '80s, and have never had a problem. Would buy another without any hesitation if my current one were lost or broken.

Ditto.

Super item; have used it to great success on bottles where corks in earlier bottles (in the same case) caused problems.

Tritto

It does have one major drawback…you cannot use a Durand to extract a cork that still has a Coravin embedded in it…

My birthday is coming up & my wife asked me what I wanted. RareWineCo link has been sent to her email…

Would buy one again without thinking twice. Great tool

I was a skeptic, but bought one and never looked back. Have one at home, one at the cabin, and have given as gifts. The homemade version also works just fine with the right combo of screw and Ah-So. Both work. The packaging on the Durand is obviously nicer;)

Best $100 I have ever spent on a wine related product. It is amazing in old corks. Simply amazing.

I am too indolent to try and figure out how to post pictures here, but I sent Mark Taylor pix from the in-auger-al use of my Durand. The cork came out clean as a whistle. Last night, I used it on a pristine bottle of 1961 Cappellano Barolo, served with fried porcini, vitello tonnato, twice-baked Bisalta potatoes and raw-milk butter from the Italian Alps with authentic Gruyere from the Swiss Alps, and veal filet pannini! As the Piemontese like to say, “It didn’t suck…”

packing my overnight bag
I’ll bring an extra Durand

Scott, with the $15 flat fee for international shipping of an unlimited number of Durands to a single address, I can only justify three pieces of porcini and a Barbera d’ Asti for your effort…