Dunn 2017 release

Anyone know the blend for the ‘17 Napa Cab?

You can mix and match any way you want to get 3 minimum

100% cab.

From their website: “Both of our wines are 100% Cabernet Sauvignon aged 32 months in 100% new French oak.”

I don’t think it is a secret, but you don’t see it mentioned much: yearly buyers get every 4th vintage at 50% discount.

Sorry, should have clarified that better, Valley floor vs howell mountain in the blend.

I’ve never seen that kind of structure, but it’s really smart. I wonder if anyone else does that, or may try it in the future.

Yeah I’ve never heard that, but what a great idea to promote and reward loyalty.

Yes they offer the buy 4 vintages and get the 5th for half price. This equates to a 12.5% discount, but you must commit to a full case each year which including the discount is $1,500 annually. It’s a good deal but a big commitment.

I just had the 2013 Howell Mtn and it’s a monster needing another 5 years of cellar time.

In my extremely humble opinion, the RM is in no way shape or form like Dunns. I could not help but comment.

+1 on John’s comment- nothing at all like RM or Schrader’s. Dunn is pretty unique (IMO in a very good way!) relative to other Napa wines.

100 points from AG for Dunn 2017 HM. Nice work!

Edit: This is not the normal Howell Mountain bottling.

Is it normal HM? My bottles are at offsite, but saw the new “El Dorado” stamp…

1 Like

It is a special limited release called El Camino, not the regular HM. Believe AG said 180 cases.

This is what they posted on Instagram

Think you are right. I don’t see this El Dorado on the picture I took of my 17s. Guess this one will be in high demand.

AG really liked the 17 Howell Mountain too, but it seems like the El Camino is a one-time offering from a vineyard that was ripped out after that harvest.

Hopefully mailing list gets first crack…

Amen to that. I did see Mike comment that it would cost more than the regular HM release. I was planning on buying large for their 18’ vintage anyways.

Wonder if it will be included in the normal summer release or be a special one before then?

I figure it will be like the Trailer Vineyard release that was on the regular release but a lot more money.