Duck Breast left overs

We only make thin crust pizza. Too much bread is not good for us. We add the seared duck breast cut into bite sized pieces at the end when the pizza is resting. We are concerned that it would dry out too much if we added it at the beginning.

Thanks for the clarification. For sure it would dry out too much if you seared it, then cooked it with the pizza while still warm. But you could probably cube it and put it on cold before cooking and not have it dry out, depending on the cube size and your cooking temp/time. Though probably wouldn’t work if temp wasn’t high enough / time wasn’t short enough. This wouldn’t be quite as nicely crisp on all the edges, but the topping would be more integrated, which is a plus in my book.

We never have left over duck breast :slight_smile:, but this might be worth doing a whole breast for, next time I make pizza.

1 Like

If you have leftover duck then eat both breasts!

I’ve done thin slices over cold soba, or hot ramen.

1 Like

Make the sauce, scaling down if needed. Incorporate the duck, chopped or sliced, as preferred. Serve over rice or in a bun, crepe, or tortilla. Pizza also works very nicely with hoisin, Sriracha, and green onion.

1 Like

Moo Shu Duck - close to Peking duck without the skin.

1 Like

+1. One great dish I currently miss is the duck fried rice by local NYC Portuguese restaurant that had folded a few years ago.