Downtown Detroit Restaurants/Bars/Jazz

We’re going to be in Detroit for a couple of days in March catching a Bruce show. Any recommendations for restaurants/bars? We’d prefer to stay relatively close to Downtown. We enjoyed Cliff Bell’s last time we were there, but it’s closed on Tuesdays (our free night). Thanks.

Al

We enjoyed Wright & Company over the holidays. Had a couple of other suggestions, but they are closed on Tuesdays as well.

Enjoy the show!

Thank you! Looks good. We do have a need for an early bird on Wednesday before the show, so I would love those ideas as well.

The Apparatus Room at the Foundation Hotel is a nice room with a curious, limited menu (Detroit Coney Island pasta anyone?). I’ve also wanted to visit Savannah Blue soul restaurant, but haven’t made it yet. There are a couple of restaurants in Midtown worth exploring, but they probably aren’t convenient for an early dinner

1 Like

We ate at Supinos over by the Eastern Market in July and I still think about it. So fine.

2 Likes

And take the time to get a coney or two at Lafayette or American Coney Island. Which are next door to each other (we’re a Lafayette family for the quality of the chili, but they have a crappy beer selection)

2 Likes

I liked American better;
I think it was because of the snap of the hot dog (it was over 10 years ago so not
100% sure).

1 Like

Parc and Barda are both good. Supino’s is wonderful and the Woodward location has a bigger dinner menu. Ima, Slow’s, Baobab Fare, and many other places are not too far… You may want to look at Yelp or Eater for nearby restaurants and then ask questions.
Joe Muer’s is very good for what it is-be sure to ask for a table with a river view.

1 Like

We were at SheWolf last night and it was excellent.

1 Like