Domaine Dujac vs. Dujac Fils & Pere

Thanks. They have gone up a lot in the last couple of years like everything else. For the Domaine MSD and CM, I think I paid $70 for the '14s and $75/80 for the '15s. The '16s were $90 and '17s were $100. I am buying this year but starting to rethink future purchases. Thoughts?

Just 2013 IIRC of the F&P. It was good, donā€™t get me wrong. Not quite worth the money IMO but definitely not one to turn your nose up at. It was bought accidentally. Overall the Domaine bottlings are always very complete wines in my experience. The 13 F&P MSD had an overly glossy note to it, almost slutty - I prefer something a little bit more restrained. It could definitely jive with certain palates to be honest.

Used to sell these wines back for Jacques and Jeremy Seysses along with their Provance brand called Domaine de Triennes.

Domaine Dujac uses grapes from their Grand Cru and Premier Cru holdings that they own while their Fils & Pere wines (think Burgundy Intro wines), not to be confused with Pere & Fils use grapes that are purchased (negociant). The Domaine wines always showed better than the Fils & Pere. Cost was also higher for the Domaine wines as they pay quite a bit more for the fruit in the long run than the negociant fruit. Both brands kick out great wines respectively.

Cool note is Jeremy Seysses is married to Diana Snowden of the Napa Valley Cabernet brand Snowden Vineyards. Power couple!!!

Thanks Julian!

I buy the Dujac F&P chambolle religiously every year. Just a wonderful, pure little chambolle at a great price if you get it on releaseā€¦
I donā€™t agree at all that the Domaine village wines are that much better. But even if we agree for argumentā€™s sake that they are marginally superior, theyā€™re also much harder to get hold of and more expensive. Try the F&P bottles without any preconceptions and I think youā€™ll be very pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Yah i think the blind side by side takes away the preconceptions.
to be fair, the domaine is about 15% more expensiveā€¦ so itā€™s really if itā€™s 15% betterā€¦ it doesnā€™t need to be 3x better or anythingā€¦
not like the F&P is given away for $20/btl :wink:

I mean the distinction comes into play when you are talking release prices. The domaine MSD is fantastic value in comparison to the negoce version, and definitely worth the relatively small premium. Once youā€™re onto the secondary market then what youā€™re saying definitely holds true.