Does this seem fair for a tasting at a retail shop / wine bar (not producer)?

Aaack! I knew there was a reason I stopped buying them. Though to be honest they never stayed on the shelves long enough for me to see how expensive they’d gotten.

It’s about $8/wine to taste it. I think it’s worth it to know a producer…but I think that’s a personal call as to the “value”. I can think of lots of wines I wouldn’t pay that for…I’m not certain I’d pay that myself…

I think for the size of the pours and the number of wines offered, it’s not a bad deal, though I agree with others that fairness/value is a personal judgment. As a comparison, a wine shop here in LA, Lou’s, had the Clos Rougeard 2012 reds for a tasting relatively recently, it was $20, but the pours were pretty tiny/small, and there were only 3 tastes. They also didn’t have any of the wines for sale, so this was purely an educational/outreach kind of tasting experience, I think, and I did appreciate that, especially given how much those wines go for retail now. Anyways, if you love Ganevat and want to explore the wines while they’re still available to buy, I think that would be worth it to me, at least

Agreed. Perfect .logic.

I would say that absolutely yes, this is fair. I’ve never even seen a Ganevat tasting event. It’s truly a rare opportunity to taste all the new releases… if they are the non-negoc bottlings. But even its the jaja du ben, madelon, and the rest of the word salad bottlings, it would still be fun.

Oh, and let us know how the new releases are! I will have to buy them untasted.