Does anyone use PAA?

Re: Ozone - an old saw was taught to me regarding sanitation.

Before something can be sanitized, it needs to be clean
Before something can be sterile, it needs to be sanitized

Ozone and PAA are killers, but they want do diddly squat unless the surface in question is clean, which is why we use caustic or peroxycarbonate products. So I don’t know that ozone would make for less steps.

I have also smelled ozone in juice, so again, not something I would do to a tank or press, walk away, and start to use the tank or press in question.

[beatoff.gif] Clean schmean.

[beatoff.gif] > Clean schmean.

…says the guy with hospital-quality antiseptics in his wine cellar.

Yeah, my new strategy for interns this year is to interview at County Mental Healths OCD Wing. Screw Cal Poly, Fresno, and Davis! Let those idealists go overseas. I need someone who cleans the press with a toothbrush.

Ohhh, snap!
I do find your mental hospital idea intriguing, though. I wonder if people would notice if they went missing? [wow.gif]

[notworthy.gif]

Notice! Well maybe, but I can guarantee they would never be found. Mu-hu-ha-ha-ha-haaaa…

Looks like I’m late to this post but if you’re still interested…
For all tanks I first use a pressure washer at 190F. I’ve got a spray ball but I think it’s useless. Then, for all tanks and hoses…
Filmaway (NaOH), followed by 30ml PAA per 5 gal water, followed by water rinse (for a while). No measurement of water, though I’m looking into a flowmeter inline so I’m not just eggregiously wasting water, which I’m sure I am. I’ve used PAA going on 4 years and I see no reason not to use it (though it literally stinks).

Awesome! I had a friend that interened in a place that used filmaway but i have never found it down here. Where have you found yours, and is it cheaper than proxy?

I buy the PAA from Heritage Systems. They deliver it in 5 gal kegs and install a swank wall-mounted system to disperse it. I’ll have to look for the invoice re price. When I was on the Central Coast we bought PAA from a company that sold it as Peraclean, I believe. Good luck.

Heritage provides the Filmaway, too. Sorry for any confusion.

thanks. that sounds like a much better system than my current ghetto rig.