Does anyone drink Sauvignon Blanc anymore?

That’s why God created Chablis [wink.gif]

Kirk answered that

Yes. You pay for balance and precision, not concentration or intensity.

I find that a glass or two of most NZ and tart, acidic CA SB’s are ideal before dinner and into the salad portion. The tartness and acidity wake up my taste buds and make me hungry. Really enjoy Ziata for that purpose. This style is also refreshing in warm weather.

HL Two Old Dogs isn’t as tart, with more white peach and pear flavors. Really love this one while grazing the cheese platter.

Spottswoode and they are using a newer clone thats so good its almost like cheating.

A great Sauvignon Blanc, for sure. Also, of course, Gamble’s is absolutely insane.

i really enjoy sauvignon blanc based white Bordeaux, Vatan and Cotat. Not really into the new world expression of the grape.

Gamble. Yum

Also like some fume Blancs too

yes

Often and my wife, every night. Spottswoode along with Mike Smith’s SB snd Semillon.

Bedrock SB? Yes, please.

I love SB in the summer. Quivet’s Tench Vineyard is my favorite, but now it turns out the 2013 will be the final vintage and the vines are being pulled up. Time to explore more SB producers this summer.

I don’t drink many domestic (USA) Sauvignon Blancs although St. Supery used to be one of my occasional purchases. Usually I prefer from Sancerre/Chavignol or New Zealand. Kono, produced by the Maori people, was a favorite one summer and I plan to open a Huia from New Zealand soon. I have been drinking more Albarino during the summer, but I agree that Sauvignon Blanc can be a good pairing for the salad course and also like it with asparagus and other green vegetables.

Didn’t know Kono was made by the Maoris! That’s a simple but nice one and great QPR.

Most of the time when I am drinking it, Sancerre is on the front label. I just picked up four bottles of Vatan Clos la Neore. Last week I opened a bottle of G. Bouley Sancerre Clos de Beajeu and it was gone in a flash. Pretty stunning wine.

Several San Francisco restaurants have Spottswoode on the list for are a reasonable mark up. Good with many seafood dishes.

Rochioli needs to be in this conversation.

Tom

I am a sucker for good Sauvignon Blanc (unlike Chardonnay, of which I am skeptic-- I can love chardonnay, but it has to be in my wheelhouse stylistically). Cloudy Bay SB is my stand by. White Bordeaux is lovely too, but it has gotten pricey. There’s great Sancerre out there.

I’ve yet to be charmed much by a USA S. Blanc though.

Splurge on a few bottles of Lail Georgia. Pop one for tremendous pleasure and lay the rest down to wait for the sublime beauty that develops with age.

I’m not a fan of Sauvignon Blanc, as I don’t particularly care for the aggressively “grassy” character, but I will admit that Dagueneau Silex does have a mineral-cut and precision that is unique.

Is it worth the premium? Not for me. I’d rather spend that kind of change on white Burgs. However, Dagueneau is worth it to try at least once.

Only Sancerre or Pouilly Fume, then yes indeed. Pairs well with several dishes we typically eat. Absolute perfect pairing with raw oysters. Lovely with seared Ahi Nicoise. Great mid-week and lunch wine. Chablis (and white Burgundy) is generally for less casual meals.

I don’t mind some sour grass in my SB, my turn-offs are tropical fruit flavors or simple grapefruit styles.