Do you have a wine cellar? Probably the answer is YES: But do you have...

Especially when it is the fourth winery of the day [rofl.gif]

I still do have my first bottle. It’s 2004 Il Marroneto Brunello di Montalcino. I was on a holiday 2009 with friends of mine at Castiglione della Pescaia in Tuscany and we made a day trip to Montalcino. There I visited a wine shop where I asked the shop keeper which under 30€ wine he would recommend and he gave me that. Later on I have learned that Il Marroneto has made some pretty awesome wines during these years. Looking forward to pop this one open with one my best friends who I was traveling with.

It has been so fun and interesting to kick back and read all your different accounts from past memories of bottles who started this mad passion. So many great stories and memories out there. Robert, your story about the Dexter Cabernet was very special - you were the lucky one with a beautiful girl by your side to prove it! :slight_smile:

I enjoyed each and every story - hope you have more memories to share about past bottles who started it all.

I do still actually have the first serious bottle I bought (a single bottle of 2004 Figeac bought just after release, back when I was still an undergrad). It does feel like a special bottle.

Yes I have a cellar and and I do still have the first bottle!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuRgSSWnGSW/