Do I have bad memory or I am not alone here?

You act like accidentally buying more wine is a bad thing
[wink.gif] [wink.gif]

This happens to me from time to time. I do not use CT or keep any inventory, so work off memory. For example, last year I ordered three separate foursomes of the 2016 Baudry Croix Boissee. But as RM notes, that ain’t so bad!

Haha - true! No getting totally off the hook. Though I find the entering of bottles in and out to be a fun part of my morning routine most days, so it feels pretty easy.

On your other post, for years, I could count on losing every pair of nice sunglasses I bought within a few months of buying them. So when I found a style I liked a lot, I bought two identical pairs on purpose. That way I’d be set when the inevitable happened. Sure enough, I never lost the first one and still have the back-up in my drawer, 7-8 years later.

HAHAHA! Did this yesterday (bought Fontolloro halves, blissfully unaware of the fact that I already loaded up. Oh well).

Some folks really enjoy the cataloging, mapping out their cellars, keeping meticulous track of purchases etc. Totally understand that, but I can’t be bothered. I try (in a halfhearted way) to keep like wines in particular spots but mostly, wines get slotted where there is room. It’s a hobby, not a job. I am always finding wines I didn’t know I have, and constantly end up scratching my head wondering what happened to wines I thought I had.

(BTW, I do use CT pretty religiously for purchases, less religiously for consumption, but often don’t check the inventory before purchasing. C’est la vie)

Wait . . . what was the question?

Lol, Neal and I are Dinosaurs! But not nerds. :wink:

Having extra halves of Fontolloro is a great problem to halve”!

You say you have them, but I’m not sure we can trust you anymore. You better go do a physical check, see you back in a couple hours dinosaur. Or you could just place another order :slight_smile:

Before I found Wine Berserkers and CellarTracker, I started logging my wine into another cellar app when I first started my wine collection. At some point I will export everything over to CellarTracker, because I think there are pro and cons to them both and it would be good to have a back up. Anyway, when I am at a wine shop, etc, I just log in to see if I have a wine already or a vertical I want to complete. The only problem is you need to have internet access while you are in the store, which sometimes is an issue. But I agree, without that, I would have so many multiples of wine [cheers.gif]

I pretty much know what I’ve bought and seldom ‘go back to the well’ to refill, so I can’t relate too well.
My problem is thinking wine’s I bought years ago still need more age. [oops.gif]

Look, I don’t care what the drink 'em young crowd says. I’m not opening my '90s Burgundies until at least 2015. Hopefully I can hold out until then.

Hi Time is one of the very few places I ever go anymore (not counting backcountry trails or something) that has borderline little/no data service on my Verizon iPhone. Even upstairs out of the wine cellar, the reception is unusually bad there.

Doing some paperwork this week, I signed and dated all the docs 2019. Luckily someone more attentive than I noticed. A simple error or wishful thinking?

I’m ready for 2021 or 2022. Whenever and if ever there’s a cure/vaccine for covid19.

My memory misadventures are many and growing more frequent. On the wine scene, I will sometimes get an unexpected wine delivery and have absolutely no recollection of ordering anything. Fortunately (at least for now), once I open the box it comes back to me.