Dirty & Rowdy - April 2 release

That’s the spot, but the shots look like before they did a bunch of rehab. I was sad to blend this one off. It is in a similar zone to Skinner White Oak Flats, but not as difficult to ripen.

Yes- KEEP got some Mourvèdre for their rosé from Wonderment. They can still label their wine Napa AVA as the Napa % meets the requirement for labeling.

Thank you

So sorry for your loss, Hardy.

In for two cases of Unfamiliar.

My condolences as well Hardy. Really so sorry to hear that.

On a positive note, I went ahead and cracked one of my 2016 chenins tonight, and was damn happy about my decision. Not sure how Hardy always figures out a way for his wines to walk the line between delicious/satisfying/gulpable…while still managing to be wine-geek/intellectually stimulating, but he’s pulled it off yet again. A bit too sleek and acidic for me at PnP but it rounded out Nicely after just a short time in the glass with with notes of citrus, lanolin, and pure CA sunshine. Very energetic, bright, lively, and seriously just a pleasure to drink. Placed my order immediately after my first glass.
20180403_195321.jpg

Thank you. I appreciate it. [worship.gif] Thank you!

Thank you! That '16 Chenin is in a nice place. I wish we had more of that in library just for a personal stash to dip into over the next 5+ years.

Fortunately, we have a lot (500+ cases of the '17)- I’ve had a bottle open since Fri. and it is still going strong. Same with the Viognier…

Order in! 5 Unfamiliar, 2 chenin and 1 Viognier

Opened a 2016 shake ridge Mourvèdre last night. Initial thoughts after PnP was this is nice and light for a red. After 30 minutes, the flavor profile really started to show and I loved it. Excited to see what it tastes like tonight and tomorrow

D&R releases are pretty much automatic purchases for us. The backstory on the Unfamiliar makes it even more so. Thanks so much for sharing Hardy. A very special order in.

I opened a 2015 Traditional Sparkling last night and was blown away. Incredible stuff. So very excited for this release to arrive.

In for 6 of the Unfamiliar. Here’s hoping for a less harrowing 2018 for the Wallace family and D&R.

Poured a glass last night and the wine is fantastic. Quite refreshing. Excited to see what it tastes like tonight for day 3

+1

My order’s in too–all the new ones and a few from previous years. Have yet to try a D&R I didn’t like (and I’m up to 17 different wines, counting vintages)!

Thanks so much! And to everyone for the continued kind words.

Just a PSA- If anyone was looking to re-order bubbles, there are only 14 bottles left of the '15 Traditional Method Sparkling.

Got me to buy one more :slight_smile:

Damn it, had 6 in my cart yesterday and they are now gone. I really loved the 1 I tried and wanted to reload. It is a real shame you abandoned bubbles.

I received an email from Dirty & Rowdy Family Wines for their Summer Release (with cold-chain shipping):

"SUMMER IS FOR COOL WINES SHIPPED COLD WITH ONE HECK OF A DIRTY AND ROWDY T-SHIRT!
2018 Summer Crusher Case Image.JPG
"In celebration of the joy of summer, we are including FedEx Cold Chain (refrigerated) shipping and a super-fresh 2017 Unfamiliar T-Shirt with case (12 bottle) purchases. You may mix and match bottles, or simply click the Summer Crusher mixed 12-pack.

"If you’d like to order less than a case, we are offering FedEx Cold chain for $20 on orders of 3 bottles or more. Remaining shirts will be available to purchase separately at a later date.

"Note: With refrigerated shipping, we highly, highly recommend shipping to a business address or your local FedEx Office store. The wines ship refrigerated to your nearest FedEx hub and go out for AM delivery in a normal truck. If you miss signing for your delivery, your wine remains on the truck for the remainder of the day.

"Available Wines:

"2017 Mendocino Chenin Blanc $34
Organic and Dry farmed Chenin from 50 year old vines in the heart of Mendocino. Power, weightlessness, and ‘daydreams of white tigers gnawing on pineapple cores’

"2017 Alder Springs Viognier $42
One of the most elegant Dirty and Rowdy wine ever released. Balanced Viognier with incredible freshness, minerality, and beautiful acidity.

"2017 Unfamiliar Mourvèdre $23
The feel good hit of the summer. Whether you chill it down to rosé temp or slightly cool. The Unfamiliar way over-delivers in freshness, and joy.

"BONUS:

"2016 Familiar Mourvèdre $30
When you start digging through the warehouse, who knows what you’ll find. We discovered 14 cases of the '16 Familiar Mourvèdre hanging behind some other wines. This one is on fire right now.

"T-Shirts: Our T-Shirts will ship separately and will begin going out the week of July 23rd. They are slightly fitted. If you like them baggy and are close to being in between sizes, order one size up.

** If you order 12+ bottles, please put your shirt size in the comments / notes section of your order.**

"We wish you and your loved ones a fantastic holiday and plenty of time outside by the grill.

“Cheers,
Kate, Amy, Matt, Hardy”[/i]

I went long on the unfamiliar, fantastic wine.

Yeah it’s pretty great. I think it’s best when just a bit chilled.

Thank you- For a wine we never wanted to make (it is 80%+ of our 2017 Mourvedre production declassified), it is a crazy good wine. It shows well all the way from rosé temp to cellar temp and gets pretty heady with a long decant.

Hands down, it is our most re-ordered wine.

Thanks for the support!