Dirty and Rowdy Spring release

Another release? Ack - failure of cellar reduction plan continues …

Can’t wait to taste! In for a mixed case :slight_smile:

6 shake ridge and 6 especial; I have a 18 familiar Blanc open tonight but am still all about the reds.

Interestingly despite all the great D&R wines I’ve had unfamiliar may still be my favorite.

Also sticking to the reds, though will go in heavy on the rose packs when dropped

I ordered the mixed case but I am tempted to get more Brosseau Blanc and Especial

Thanks for an awesome first day of the pre-release everyone! These ship out pretty quickly and looking forward to people trying these.

If you enjoy D&R whites, the Brosseau Blanc… (Siri, insert heart emojis. Siri, play every clip of Mel Gibson going “arrrgh!” during Braveheart)…

Upcoming Brosseau white / orange wines:
Later in the year (or early next) the 2020 Brosseau Orange will be released. It is the same blend as the blanc (where the 2019 was 100% chenin), yet we sent 1/2 direct to press (Blanc) and the rest went the skins for about 45 days. Stash a few blanc away as this will be a very fun side by side.

We still have a 2019 Brosseau Chenin (no skins) to release, but at only 35 cases, I need to figure out when / where to release it.

If interested release is open.

Ordered:
4x 2020 California Familiar Orange
4x 2020 Brosseau Vineyard Blanc

I’m looking forward to trying Dirty and Rowdy—it’s gotten lots of praise on this forum (and other places). I’m really overstocked on reds, so went the white/orange route this time!

Did I read correctly that there will be a rose offering soon?

1 Like

hardy made 3 roses’s this year, believe he mentioned in another thread they’ll be offered as a rose 3-pack at some point (hopefully soon!)

2 Likes

Greetings and thanks for the wave of orders this AM! We are cruising and down to less than 10 cases of 2020 Especial and 2020 Familiar Orange.

There will be a very small rosé release sometime in the late spring / summer (waiting on refrigerated shipping rates). Unfortunately, the rosé quantities were too small to include in a regular release.

Chris- Thanks for trying the wines for the first time!

Hardy

2 Likes

Thank you for the information, and really excited to try them soon! I did have a quick question, do you recommend your wines to settle after shipment, and if I drink on the young side (aka late Spring/Summer) do you recommend a decant? I usually just serve wine at cellar temperature (55 degrees Fahrenheit) but if there is a different serving temp, I’d be interested to know. Thanks!

With young wines, I’m usually not worried about travel shock-- I’d say go for it sometime this spring.

Decanting is highly recommended for all D&R wines and the whites should be served at or just below cellar temp.

For everything in this release, I’d go 90-120min in the decanter. (The Especial probably doesn’t have to go that long, but it is even better when it does).

The orange is super cloudy (with visible sediment), the blanc is hazy, and there may be a little sediment in the reds. (With the orange / whites, we usually swirl it in).

2 Likes

Got the email & Ordered these today.
The Especial Old Friends Red looks fun!

1 Like

Got two of each during the pre sale, so tempted to add more to the order but need to restrain myself.

1 Like

Oh boy … I’ll be getting up super early on rose release day … can’t wait!

1 Like

glad I was able to grab a couple bottles from this release!

1 Like

Order in for 1 of each!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the great response to the spring release.

Though we have another full week to go, the wines won’t last that long.

We are down to
Familiar Orange- 1.5 cases
Brosseau Blanc- 5 cases
Especial- sold out

We’ve had all 4 bottles open on the counter (corks out) since Monday and all of them are still on the up.

I think I got the last bottle of especial - right after I put my order in yesterday I clicked back on the wine to copy the description and it showed sold out. Skin of my teeth!

1 Like

JUST made it! [cheers.gif] Thank you!