Dinner & Burgs w/ Alan Weinberg

Todd and Doug,
You can add me to the list. Doug, maybe we can get together this summer…I’ll be back in Oregon doing another locums in Salem.

Sounds like fun Roger–I look forward to seeing you.

best,

Doug

Todd,
Great notes, thanks for sharing.

It made me think of the first time I had dinner with Alan, who is indeed a very generous guy. The hostess was seating us and asked us how we knew each other. Alan said “we met on the internet”. As she looked puzzled, without missing a beat and with a totally straight face he said “don’t tell our wives”, which still cracks me up to this day.

My question though, is what’s up with the urology-Burg connection? There are obvious bad jokes there, but of the MD Burg guys I know of, a disproportionate number are urologists.

Cheers,
-Robert

No problem if you promise to bring a Burgundy that doesn’t drink like a Cali Pinot. cough…2006 [wink.gif]

i’m trying to smooth in your transition neener

I wonder if this guy is a Burg fan:

http://www.urologyteam.com/dr-richard-chopp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Yes, he specializes in vasectomies…)

I’m not sure what the connection is, except that urologists are a very refined, classy group as a whole. [wink.gif]

Serious line-up.

Good to see all of the wines showed so well.

Dr. Wang is one of his partners (not kidding…).

I’ve often wondered why so many urologists like wine, especially Burgs. I think there are 5 or that I know. It was great to meet Todd–we have been virtual friends for so long. When my kids were growing up, I’d tell them not to meet people in person that they met on the internet, yet some of my best buddies were met over wine on the 'net. I was happy that Todd could make the one hour drive each way and glad he finally tasted a Henri Jayer. It was a fun night.

The Roumier Amoureuses was 1990. The time machine didn’t make it back on time with the 19990 that Todd listed. I thought the Ramonet was a bit austere, even considering the “normal” acidity of Ramonet–it just wasn’t very giving, though my wife enjoyed a glass the next night.
alan

You gallic grovellers could gag a maggot! [shock.gif]

And so good looking. (well, maybe the wives…)