Did you know it's International Merlot Month? How did I miss this?

Go have a glass of merlot and you’ll be cheerier.

Oh wow, I love this. I just enjoyed a 2003 & 2004 Pahlmeyer merlot with Dry aged New York this month. Two separate occasions. Drinking beautifully

Can’t you read? It’s a celebration of international styled Bordeaux. So it depends on what producer you bought.

Not really, just can’t get myself to call it merlot!

Well, there are some valid days. For example, yesterday was National Cheese Curd Day. And today, Oct 16, is National Pharmacy Technician Day (always the third Tuesday in October), and on a more somber note, National Department Store Day. Perhaps we should have a moment of silence for the greatness that was once Sears, Roebuck, and Co.

Tomorrow is National Hagfish Day, a day on which we ponder the hagfish, which is an eel-like bit of nastiness. It’s a day to celebrate the beauty of ugly.

I take these things very seriously and have an appropriate outfit for each of them! Including National Chicken Lady Day, coming up November 4!

Love it.

The National Day thing seems to be so big at this point, can it be long before we have a day for it? A National “National Day” Day?