Did anyone else get a shipment notification from Bedrock?

My shipment heading to Oregon left Sacramento before 8 today. It’s currently 55-60 degrees in the Sacramento Valley. My shipment should be through Redding within the next two hours. I don’t think that valley heat is going to be a problem.

It doesn’t take very long to get over 100 degrees inside a container in the hot weather, unless it’s refrigerated, which most aren’t. I’m very careful with my wine, and try to not ship anything if it’s going to be over 75 degrees anywhere along the route.

Please refer to my post above.

Haha, my mother was mayor of Grove City, Ohio.

Just an FYI, I had emailed Bedrock immediately after I received the shipping notice, and I heard back from Chris today. He said they would take care of it if the wine appeared damaged in any way.

Mine is out for delivery today (along with my Dirty and Rowdy order). Will report on if bottles are cool to the touch.

I received an email today saying that my Bedrock order had shipped today, when it was 90 degrees in Napa today and will go through Redding where it’s 94 or so the next two days. Why anyone would automatically ship in this weather just baffles me. If you care about your wine and your customers you don’t ship when it’s that hot, period.

that just means they do not care about it
and that just sad

I got my shipment today up here in Seattle. All bottles cool to the touch (not cold). These were in styro shippers, which I hate environmentally, but they certainly offer better thermal insulation than the pulp shippers. For what it’s worth, earlier Bedrock shipments were in pulp shippers but the last two have been in styro. I recall there being a discussion that the pulp shippers were difficult to source at some point this year?

Nice first post…FYI, full names are required on the forum

Mine showed up today as well. Everything was fine - bottles were cool to the touch and corks were in the right spot with no sign of seepage.

Weird that they arrived in Seattle before Portland yet shipped the same day. Were yours sent ground?

Yep, FedEx ground. Even stranger, they were in Troutdale last night with a Thursday delivery date and then this morning they were showing as out for delivery.

Mine is in route to LA, and spent the day between two cities with temperatures of over 90 degrees. I have emailed to ask for a replacement or refund. This is really surprising for such a reputable winemaker.

Offering to replace it if there’s a problem when I open it is pretty useless, since I don’t plan to open them anytime soon.

Will the whites be affected the same way the red wines are?

That was my concern too, Roy. This is my first order from the winery, but I have some older bottles from retail and auction that I was planning on drinking first, so these were going to go to my locker for a few years.

I emailed Chris, and he offered to replace them. Perfect customer service, and my faith is restored.

Great wines, people, and service but seems to be somewhat of a pattern of questionable shipping decisions. The weather doesn’t appear favorable to ship across the country to East Coast this week and that follows what happened with the Spring supplemental release which was shipped across the country over Memorial Day weekend also in high temps

Well, Alan…Bedrock uses a shipping fulfillment company…so those are the people making those shipping decisions, not Bedrock themselves. They’ve always, with me,
erred on the side of caution. But if there’s a problem Chris & Morgan immediately take care of it.
Tom

My order arrived here in Portland on Thursday, which is contrary to all of my prior orders, which have always arrived on a Wednesday. The delay seems to have been in southern Oregon. Yes, the order did pass through some heat in Northern California, but I suspect that all is well.
Phil Jones

I am aware that they use a shipping fulfillment company and totally understand that Chris & Morgan wil immediately address any concerns people have. What seems strange to me is they ship to the East Coast much earlier than other wineries like Myriad, Rivers Marie, Carlisle, Kutch, Rhys, etc. so it appears to be an issue they can avoid from their side without having to fix it after the fact. I also know that I am totally guilty on my side of not preemptively reaching out to them to request a later shipping date after the order is placed but hey as we all know shipping season creeps up fast and some of us lose track of things…