Di Costanzo "Di Co" - anyone buying?

Yes they are. You can contact Erin via their website.

Just found it! Thank you!

Was a bit hesitant on the 2017 at first, but will be tasting with Erin in 2 weeks so looking forward to grabbing a few bottles then! Glad to hear that itā€™s great!

You guys twisted my arm. Grabbed a couple cases today without ever tasting it. Iā€™m figuring that itā€™s at least $30-40 quality wine, so my risk is minimized if I look at it that way and the upside is a whole lot more.

Chris- your going to be very happy with your purchase. We tasted with Erin yesterday and the wine is excellent.

Glen is right that this has a slightly more savory note than the 16 Di Co. Iā€™ll be writing up some notes later but the 16 Farella is off the charts. I bought earlier in the year and this was my first oppty to try. It is just outstanding and a testament to what Massimo is doing stylistically. I think there is still a bit left for those that may have missed out. Iā€™m adding to my purchases of both wines.

Cheers

Agreed, the '16 Farella is delicious. I picked up some '16 Realm Farella at auction the other day, and it will be cool to compare these two bottlings with a side by side a couple years down the road.

2021 Release today anyone else buying? any tasting notes so far?

Im in for 2 DICO 1 Montecillo 1 Caldwell

1 Like

Definitely buying. High quality vintage and high quality wine. Got 8 Dico and 4 Montecillo

1 Like

I donā€™t need more wine, but I need more DiCo.
6 Dico, 3 Montecillo and 3 Caldwell for me.

Man, my storage is full to bursting and these releases Just. Keep. Coming! I donā€™t know what Iā€™m going to do with these six DiCo bottlesā€¦ make room by drinking the 2019s, I suppose!

1 Like

Thanks gang, really excited to share these wines & grateful for the big response so far. (The Montecillo will be the first to sell out, so Iā€™ll nudge folks to keep that in mind as you plan space / budgets / etc. etc.)

The exciting change for DI CO is that in '21 it is a blend of two vineyard sites: Rafael and a new Coombsville source, Ferrogiarro. We got access to the site via a friend who farms it (dry, organic) and we knew weā€™d want to add a little more tonnage in '21, as early on it was clear that yields would be low. It ended up fitting so harmoniously with the Rafael. Itā€™s still a serious, structured wine, but with a added layer of prettiness.

And then itā€™s so cool to have Caldwell and Montecillo back after we had to skip 2020. Happy to answer questions if any arise, and thanks!

Thanks, Erin. Good info on the Di Co and the new grape source.

In for 3xDiCo, 2xMonticello, 1xCaldwell.

2 Likes

FWIW I tasted the '19 DI CO a few weeks ago, and itā€™s drinking pretty well. Definitely will get better, but not a crime to open one and make some space haha. On the other hand, the last time I had the '18 DI CO (2021) it was super tight, so my sense is the 2018s are better to leave alone and drink the '19s first.

'19s before '18s isnā€™t a bad rule of thumb, I agree with you!

4 Likes

Got an email for library magnums today! looks exciting but I dont have storage for large bottles! anyone in yet?

1 Like

Yep easy buy for me. Wish I could have gotten more but had to restrain. Got 3. 1 19 Farella, 1 19 Montecillo, and 1 21 Montecillo. At 275 per, these were easy buys.

I went against my no more purchases until Berserker Day and picked up a mag of 19 Farellaā€¦Sigh

1 Like

Ya I was supposed to go dry on purchases until end of November but had to break it for this offering. Way too good to pass up!

2 Likes

Could not resistā€¦19s and 21s here

1 Like

Ya too good of an offer to pass up for sure.