Desire Lines release

I saw nothing posted about the Fall release of Desire Lines Wine. Cody Rasmussen (assistant winemaker at Bedrock) makes incredible wines from California and this release has the 2021 Cole Ranch Riesling, 2021 Massa Vineyard Riesling, 2021 Kick Ranch Sauvignon Blanc, 2021 Evangelho Vineyard Red Wine, and the 2020 Shake Ridge Ranch Syrah. I would suggest everyone get on their mailing list. Cody makes my favorite California Rieslings and his cool-climate Syrah’s have purity of fruit with elegant structure.

1 Like

Yep, I ordered some Cole Ranch and Massa Vineyard rieslings. Loved last year’s Cole Ranch.

1 Like

I was so fast on the order last week that I totally missed that nobody posted about it.

I went for the two Rieslings and the Evangelho. I am an unabashed fan of Cody’s Evangelho.

3 Likes

Skipped this release as I’m trying to reduce my overall purchases of CA wines, but I think the wines are great, especially at the price points (the Sauvignon blanc was excellent and I don’t regularly drink Sauvignon blanc).

1 Like

I mixed a case of the two rieslings, Evangelho and syrah. I haven’t had any of Cody’s red wines yet, but I’m looking forward to them. I picked up a couple of their rieslings from Chamber’s Street earlier in the year and liked them a lot.

I was already a fan (Acme turned me onto them) but when we were at Wheeler Farms for a Kinsman Eades taste, Isabelle said that their riesling was her favorite domestic rendition of that grape. I’m not that experienced but I have to say it’s pretty great.

1 Like

Am wondering about the Evangelho Red. One of my favorite new wines of the past year is their Winds of Change, a lighter Syrah based blend, with smaller amounts of Mourvèdre, Carignan, Grenache and PS. They describe Evangelho Red as primarily Carignan with a touch of Mourvèdre.

Anyone have experience with the Evangelho Red?

I got 2 of the Shake Ridge Syrah (now have a 5 year vertical), 2 of the Evangelho Red, and 2 Cole Ranch Riesling. I would love to see hw the Cole Ranch ages, but I just cant leave them alone. Cheers!!

I own so much Riesling that pretty much some of everything gets aged! :rofl:

1 Like

Yep. Savory goodness from the 2020. The 2019 was a little more fruit forward, but both outstanding.

1 Like

Tried to access the release and realized it closed yesterday!!
Emailed Emily to see if I could still get some & she extended the release for a few days! So, if you thought the release was over, it’s still active!
Got some Cole Ranch Riesling and some Evangelho Red!

1 Like

I ordered four bottles of each Riesling and a couple of bottles of the Sauvignon Blanc. I’ve had earlier vintages of the Evangelho and Shake Ridge and really, you can’t go wrong with anything from Desire Lines. I just passed over the reds this time because I want to have more white wines available. Emily is a pleasure to deal with, too!

2 Likes

Everything Cody and Emily make is a treat … l always order

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone! We’re very grateful for all your support.

I said it in the release letter, but this is a special release for us because it’s the first time our Riesling were fermented and raised in 1000-liter Stockinger ovals (rather than the usual 228L / 320L neutral wood barrels). I’ve wanted larger oak casks for our Rieslings since we started with Cole Ranch in 2016, but it took us a few years to get to the point of rationalizing the purchase. The casks are as brilliant as I’d hoped - I find a little more precision and detail in the wines, especially on the palate. They do show a little tighter on pop and pour, so we’d generally recommend a decant or enjoying a bottle over a few nights, but that reductive strength is in part the point of the larger casks. I expect the larger format size to only augment the ageability of the wines.

We hope that you enjoy the wines, and thanks again for your support!

11 Likes

Just placed my order! Can’t wait to try these!

1 Like

I’m for a white six pack, can’t wait to check these out

1 Like

Ordered last week, Cole Ranch and Evangelho. Looking forward to picking them up!

Very excited about a mixed case of the two Rieslings, Evangelho and Syrah. I haven’t had a DL wine I haven’t loved… Chenin, Wiley Riesling, Winds of Change, and Bedrock Mourvedre from the last offering were all outstanding. Keep up the great work Cody and Emily.

1 Like

As close as I get to Pobega-ing a bottle.
Arrived Tues & opened Wed night. Don’t have much experience with carignane, but enjoyed this!

3 Likes

Christmas on Halloween! Look forward to seeing everyone’s notes on these.

1 Like